Would the military support a Trump Coup?

Or....would the military support a coup against Trump? That's a more likely scenario since the FBI already tried it.

In the event of a LEGAL overthrow such as an impeachment conviction or Article 25 then the Military would do nothing. It's not the Military's Job to select nor overthrow any sitting President. They would protect against an illegal attempt if it were to come to their attention but they would do nothing in the case of a legal one. The same goes if a President tries to illegally disband congress or the Supreme Court. The Military would do nothing unless it involved foreign actors. I have seen something like this happen once in my lifetime and hope I never see or hear of it again. And I'll bet not more than one or two of you are aware of when it happened before. But I'll give you a hint, we are very close to it happening again.

If Trump orders the military to install him as dictator will it obey? Can he depend on the troops to obey his orders? Can he depend on the generals to obey his orders?

You know how often foreign dictators have been able to get their troops to fall in line, could you say "no"?

My professor used to say iif you want to take over a country take over the army and the police.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Those who joined with Trump in such a scenario would be lucky not to be executed. I suspect the officers would be executed, the enlisted serve life at hard labor.

No one in our military is going to support any would be dictator. No sense even talking about it. And Trump doesn't want to "not leave the White House." That's what puking liberals dream about being able to do.

^Observe the leftist shill trial balloon and DO NOT take it lightly. This is a shill that was told to post that to check popular support for whatever the trial balloon is.

Bitch, it will be Civil War and we will obliterate your asses.

If you think I'm bullshittin' about the trial balloon thing, one was floated about Trump raping a 13-year old girl in march of 2016.
Would you stop with this nonsense?

You don't want a war. For starters you conservitards would be hopelessly outnumbered. Secondly the vast majority of conservitards are over 60, and thirdly the ones who aren't are just a buncha blow-hards on the internet. Your side would go down so fast your head wouldn't stop spinning for a month.

Whatcha gonna use for weapons? Nerf guns?
Oh, you're one a those morons who believe democrats hate guns.

News flash!
You're one of those morons that think a war would be against Democrat Americans.

A majority of them would side with real Americans.

What is a "real American"? You speak as there is such a thing as a "fake American." There isn't.
Defiant1 is in another thread right now suggesting we should make tRump king.

That is a fake American.

If Trump orders the military to install him as dictator will it obey? Can he depend on the troops to obey his orders? Can he depend on the generals to obey his orders?

You know how often foreign dictators have been able to get their troops to fall in line, could you say "no"?

My professor used to say iif you want to take over a country take over the army and the police.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Those who joined with Trump in such a scenario would be lucky not to be executed. I suspect the officers would be executed, the enlisted serve life at hard labor.

No one in our military is going to support any would be dictator. No sense even talking about it. And Trump doesn't want to "not leave the White House." That's what puking liberals dream about being able to do.

It's not the Liberals that bring up the "Revolution". It's you crackpot rightwingnutjobs. Are you trying to use more fear so that some weak minded will vote a different way than they might? I don't know about others but I can speak for many Veterans and say that it just pisses me off.

What is the difference between a duck?

You wasted a lot of oxygen coming up with that idiocy!

I suggest you go plant a tree to replace the oxygen you wasted!

With a president who has shown an absolute disregard for the rule of law, who continually "jokes" about having more than two terms, which his supporters actually take seriously, with supporters that have already used threats of force to get what they want (threats of violence that sent Dr. Ford into hiding, and intimidated the city of Sunland park into standing down from stopping a section of border wall privately erected illegally without a permit), who have also been vocal they'd accept a Trump dictatorship, with all the violence he's insighted his supporters to commit (from Charlottesville to the Christchurch shooter who called Trump a great leader of the white race), and has pushed out anyone in his cabinet and beyond who weren't absolute yes men, even when breaking the law. This is a very important question to ask, and people really need to start actually paying attention.

You wasted your very first post on that collection of equine excrement?

What is the difference between a duck?

You wasted a lot of oxygen coming up with that idiocy!

I suggest you go plant a tree to replace the oxygen you wasted!

His bunch's Constitution of the United States looks like a redacted Military Release. They black out the parts they don't like and print the parts they like in really bold letters.

Would you stop with this nonsense?

You don't want a war. For starters you conservitards would be hopelessly outnumbered. Secondly the vast majority of conservitards are over 60, and thirdly the ones who aren't are just a buncha blow-hards on the internet. Your side would go down so fast your head wouldn't stop spinning for a month.

News flash!
You're one of those morons that think a war would be against Democrat Americans.

What is a "real American"? You speak as there is such a thing as a "fake American." There isn't.
You are a fake American.
How so? Shoes firmly in place in the The United States of America. I do not mean to disrespect those among us who came here from other countries and took an oath to join us, but I was born here into a family of veterans of WWII.

I ask you again. What is a "real American." You with the John Wayne avatar.

Or....would the military support a coup against Trump? That's a more likely scenario since the FBI already tried it.

In the event of a LEGAL overthrow such as an impeachment conviction or Article 25 then the Military would do nothing. It's not the Military's Job to select nor overthrow any sitting President. They would protect against an illegal attempt if it were to come to their attention but they would do nothing in the case of a legal one. The same goes if a President tries to illegally disband congress or the Supreme Court. The Military would do nothing unless it involved foreign actors. I have seen something like this happen once in my lifetime and hope I never see or hear of it again. And I'll bet not more than one or two of you are aware of when it happened before. But I'll give you a hint, we are very close to it happening again.
What are you talking about? Now you've got me curious. When did the Pres shut down Congress or the supreme court?

News flash!

You are a fake American.
How so? Shoes firmly in place in the The United States of America. I do not mean to disrespect those among us who came here from other countries and took an oath to join us, but I was born here into a family of veterans of WWII.

In my lifetime------I have made several apple pies

What are you talking about? Now you've got me curious. When did the Pres shut down Congress or the supreme court?

That didn't happen. But there was a few days that the Military did a sit down. That sit down is one of the reasons that a President cannot shut down congress nor the Supreme Court. In order to do that, the President would have to have the support of the Military. And that will never happen.

The military will obey this president

Why??

Because they agree with him

The polls show the men agrees by a landslide even tho the military women is the opposite ... The men will make the women standdown

Also the men citizens also agrees with trump. They all agree just like trump that the deep state and democrats are guilty of high treason

So they will be ready when trump declares a broken corrupt govt and he has the military to arrest the crooks

The men of the military if they agree with trump and sees congress and supremes as crooked. They will go with trump if he declared a broken govt thru crookedness

The democrats are in a panic thinking trump will declare a broken govt and declare they are crooked

Since the military agrees then they will see any act of congress or suprems as CROOKED !!

A crooked congress declaring something illegal cannot erase the men of America declaring THEM as the crooks

Trump has the men of America declaring the congress as crooks

And the men are the real power

A 5-4 decision by the supremes will not override the majority of the men who judges the opposite

Only if the supremes go 9-0 would they even think of not acting for trump

News flash!

You are a fake American.

In my lifetime------I have made several apple pies

So what does your cooking have to do with being an American? Do you have some sort of mental problem for which you should seek help? I just asked this guy what he meant with his reference to a "real" American, as opposed to a "fake" American, I guess. Who is a fake American?

A 5-4 decision by the supremes will not override the majority of the men who judges the opposite

Only if the supremes go 9-0 would they even think of not acting for trump
Libstains think that a ruling by the supreme court will stop it just like they think putting up a no guns sign stops criminals.

Forum List

Back