Would it be unethical or immoral for a 40 year-old man to procreate with a 14 year-old girl if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...they were the last two remaining people on Earth?

I say no, it would not. Being fruitful and multiplying as soon as possible would be a "good" thing, based on my personal belief system. How about you?
If she is gay, would it be moral to rape her?

I say no, it would not. Being fruitful and multiplying as soon as possible would be a "good" thing, based on my personal belief system. How about you?
Who decides what's ethical and moral besides the two of them?

God, as always.

G-d never told me that was wrong. What did He tell you?

Start a new thread, don't hijack this one.
You're the one saying G-d decides on what's moral and ethical, not me. Are you saying you hijacked your own thread?

Lot's daughters got him drunk so they could have sex with him to bear his children. G-d rewarded them with sons who became leaders of their respective tribes. So if that is moral and ethical according to G-d, certainly so is 40 year old man with a 14 year old girl if they're the last two people on Earth.

You're the one saying G-d decides on what's moral and ethical, not me. Are you saying you hijacked your own thread?

You asked me who else decides on what's moral and ethical. I responded ''God''. You took with it and wanted to take the discussion somewhere else. I'm happy to discuss it with if you if you're willing to start a different thread. Fair enough?

Yes. Yes it would be immoral and unethical.

The two of you would set societal standards. Currently societal standards require a person to be 18 in order to have sex.

This is totally a gray area because it would be hard to define what makes a person either male or female to be ready for sexual activity. Through millenia of wisdom mankind has come up with the 18 year old thing. Surely the two of you wouldn't chunk out millenia of wisdom for the new civilization to inherit. I say yes. It would be wrong of you to arrogantly assume that you know better than all the humans combined since the beginning of time that got smarter and smarter through trial and error.

Yes. Yes it would immoral and unethical. The two of you have lots of work to do anyways planning and building the new civilization and all. You guys could accomplish a lot in those four years so that the coming generation will have a much better environment than they would have had 4 years earlier.

Last edited:

Lot's daughters got him drunk so they could have sex with him to bear his children. G-d rewarded them with sons who became leaders of their respective tribes. So if that is moral and ethical according to G-d, certainly so is 40 year old man with a 14 year old girl if they're the last two people on Earth.

I get it, you're a creepo.

I know I could wait a couple years. I was doing 19-20-year olds when I was 16, undeveloped is undeveloped. :eusa_naughty:

I never did anything that young when I was 16, nope!

I know I could wait a couple years. I was doing 19-20-year olds when I was 16, undeveloped is undeveloped. :eusa_naughty:

LOLOLOL

Suuuure, you were.... just like all of those tall tales you brag about on the Internets.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

[QUOTE="vasuderatorrent, post: 22987349, member: 54755" Currently societal standards require a person to be 18 in order to have sex.[/QUOTE]

Under ideal circumstances, sure.

But as another poster(s) pointed out earlier in this thread and, from a biological standpoint, 14 is too young due to the risk of complications. Biologically speaking, the girl would probably need to be 16.

Currently societal standards require a person to be 18 in order to have sex.

Under ideal circumstances, sure.

But as another poster(s) pointed out earlier in this thread and, from a biological standpoint, 14 is too young due to the risk of complications. Biologically speaking, the girl would probably need to be 16.
Under such a cataclysmic event that wiped out all of mankind except for 2 sole survivors, no sane person is going to wait 2 years and HOPE the other only person who can repopulate the human species is going to survive even more than an extra day necessary. And given ethics and morals are decided by society and those would be the only two comprising 100% of society -- whatever they together decide is moral and ethical.

If they were the last two people on Earth, what would be the point in procreating?

The smallest number at which you can expect a population to survive with 90 to 95% probability over 100 years or more is around 160 adults of breeding age (80 males and 80 females), and this works best if they are all willing to be polygamous and bear children from more than one partner each. This creates more genetic diversity and lessens the negative effects of inbreeding.

LOLOLOL

Suuuure, you were.... just like all of those tall tales you brag about on the Internets.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Mmm, your jelly tears are delicioso!

cartmantears2.gif

If they were the last two people on Earth, what would be the point in procreating?

To create offspring?

With just two people, to what end? As I stated in the rest of my post, for genetic diversity and a chance at survival, you would need a 50/50 mix of 160 polygamous people to have a decent chance of the human race surviving 100 years or more. With just two people, you have nothing but repeated inbreeding and the whole mess that comes with it.

To create offspring?

With just two people, to what end? As I stated in the rest of my post, for genetic diversity and a chance at survival, you would need a 50/50 mix of 160 polygamous people to have a decent chance of the human race surviving 100 years or more. With just two people, you have nothing but repeated inbreeding and the whole mess that comes with it.

Yea, I know. I was just being a smartass. :21:

The scenario in my OP was a poor one, but that's not really the point of the discussion. The point is that there could be a scenario wherein it is justified for a grown man to have sex with an underage female.

Morals and ethics are based on your society.

They would be a society of two and it would be up to them.

(I would hope they decide to "do it")

Just my ethics, my life experience, it is not a road I’d travel. Glad I’m not in that position.
Some 14 year olds are significantly more mature than others. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Without a government to make an arbitrary age minimum, it would depend on the girl.

Historically, a 14 year old getting pregnant and giving birth shortly before 15 isn't that unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back