Woulc JFK Still be a Democrat Today?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Some quotes from JFK (in bold) that are not in keeping with the Democratic party any more, followed by a dimbocrap response, written by me on their behalf.

Source:
John Fitzgerald Kennedy quotes

“The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God”

2013 Dim: There is no God, if there was He is a bigot, and there are no natural rights, only the rights the government allows. This also violates the first amendment protection from religion.

“All of us do not have equal talent, but all of us should have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”

Equal results are even more important, and so we support use of quotas to neutralize talent and training to even the playing field among all people...unless you are a privileged white heterosexual male, of course.

“Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future”

The planet is over-populated and we must reduce the number of children it has and will have.

“Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.”

The President, if a Democrat, is always right, and if he is a Republican, always wrong.

“Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.”

Ask for your country to take care of you, and never stop asking; it is good politics.

“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.”

How sexist and able-ist can you get?

“Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality”

There is no Hell, and if there were, it would be full of Republicans anyway so what's the point?

“The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.”

Ignorance makes for good reliable, pliable, buyable voters.

“Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”

Thought is not important; coming to the politically correct conclusion is what is important.

“If we are strong, our strength will speak for itself. If we are weak, words will be of no help.”

Strength is so last century, and macho is so threatening, violent and offensive to any citizen of the planet.

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily lives, and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom”

Minutemen? RIGHTWING EXTREMIST ALERT!

“This country cannot afford to be materially rich and spiritually poor”

More violation of the First Amendment, and material wealth is all that there is that is worth pursuing. Even our RINO allies agree with that.

“True happiness is the full use of your powers along lines of excellence in a life affording scope.”

What a nerd.

Today JFK would walk out of the Democratic party and likely disown the rest of his family.

Hey, Not the Sharpest Knife in the drawer, maybe if you could post CURRENT Democratic posts instead of your interpretations of what Democrats or even sensible Republicans believe about things, you might have some credibility.

No way. Can you imaging a Democrat leader uttering these words?

"It will include an across the board, top to bottom cut in both corporate and personal income taxes"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVwGIeD9i3I]JFK on Taxes - YouTube[/ame]

Hey, Not the Sharpest Knife in the drawer, maybe if you could post CURRENT Democratic posts instead of your interpretations of what Democrats or even sensible Republicans believe about things, you might have some credibility.

The Leftist avoids the point at hand and instead launches an ad hominem attack. Who would have guessed...

The Leftist avoids the point at hand and instead launches an ad hominem attack. Who would have guessed...

Except no democrat has ever said the things he attributes to them...

It would be nice to debate something other than straw men, but straw men are all your side has.

Yup, Kennedy would still be Dem today.

Yup, Reagan would still be Pub today.

So those are NOT quotes from Democrat John Kennedy?

:cuckoo:

No, the things he attributes to modern democrats...

Don't be intentionally dense, it just makes you look stupid.

Not that this is difficult in general. I mean, honestly, it must take an effort to look that stupid and heartless all the time.

"It will include an across the board, top to bottom cut in both corporate and personal income taxes"

How about if Republicans agree we go back to the 1962 tax rates of JFK?

Hell no - JFK would have no part of this same-sex marriage bullshit, legalizing pot, bowing and apologizing to our enemies, allowing Americans to be murdered in embassies, disrespecting our servicemembers and fucking over the American people with this abortion called Obamacare.

“Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.”

Ask for your country to take care of you, and never stop asking; it is good politics.

One of my favorite misinterpretations by Conservative Wingnuts

Turning an obvious call for public service into a condemnation of social programs

How about if Republicans agree we go back to the 1962 tax rates of JFK?

Do we get to go back to that level of spending too?

No, the things he attributes to modern democrats... .

Actually, he did the opposite. Pay attention.

Don't be intentionally dense, it just makes you look stupid.

Not that this is difficult in general. I mean, honestly, it must take an effort to look that stupid and heartless all the time

Another ad hominem...color me shocked. :eusa_whistle:

Dumbass dimocrats are not capable or honest enough to use common sense deduction! Of course JFK's views were more in line with Republicans today! Geeeez!

Dumbass dimocrats are not capable or honest enough to use common sense deduction! Of course JFK's views were more in line with Republicans today! Geeeez!

JFK would be repulsed by todays Republicans

What do our opponents mean when they apply to us the label "Liberal?" If by "Liberal" they mean, as they want people to believe, someone who is soft in his policies abroad, who is against local government, and who is unconcerned with the taxpayer's dollar, then the record of this party and its members demonstrate that we are not that kind of "Liberal." But if by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."

Last edited:
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
John F. Kennedy

Some Republican

Kennedy would have grown up in a different era, and he would not be the same person he was 50 years ago.

Forum List

Back