Worste song you've ever heard

Hoobastank - The Reason ..... I HATE THAT SONG !!! DAMN WHININ MAN ! :banana2:

My dog needs to howl at this song ! :firing:

lilcountriegal said:
Its not bad enough to hear Love Shack on the damn radio....

you guys ever hear people trying to sing that song karaoke?

:banana2:

Yeah, for every person that does it well, there's about a dozen that suck at it. I've been told that I do it right, since I can do a near flawless impression of the lead singer.

Back to the topic.

I've heard some bad songs. I've had to listen to that moron Bono slap shock paddles on his career. I've heard Barbara Streisand make even the deaf cringe. However, the worst thing I've ever heard was a heavy metal version of the songs from "The Sound of Music."

Okay, here are a few...

First the worst ever at this moment is that song by the suicidal idiot who saw the girl on the tunnel and decided to off himself because he couldn't have her...

In other words: You're Beautiful - James Blunt

Another is a few from waaaaay back..

I Wanna Be a Cowboy - Boys Don't Cry

Rock Me Amadeus - Falco...

jillian said:
Worst song ever??? How about Terry Jack's "Seasons in the Sun". Morbid, gross and unlistenable.

Believe it or not, jillian, I can go you one better...er, worse, I mean.

Picture, if you will, that awful song being "sung" by its author: Rod McKuen. I saw it with my own eyes (on The Bobby Goldsboro Show). I was sick for a week.

musicman said:
Believe it or not, jillian, I can go you one better...er, worse, I mean.

Picture, if you will, that awful song being "sung" by its author: Rod McKuen. I saw it with my own eyes (on The Bobby Goldsboro Show). I was sick for a week.

Ewwwwwwwwwww....that one might give me nightmares. *shiver* I didn't know McKuen wrote it.

Bobby Goldsboro had a show?

jillian said:
Ewwwwwwwwwww....that one might give me nightmares. *shiver* I didn't know McKuen wrote it.

Actually, he "adapted" it from a particularly noxious scrap of French poetry. For that, he got "songwriter" credit.

Bobby Goldsboro had a show?

Yep - a short-lived, run of the mill musical variety show, back in the seventies. You couldn't tell by watching that show, but Goldsboro was one seriously talented cat.

musicman said:
Actually, he "adapted" it from a particularly noxious scrap of French poetry. For that, he got "songwriter" credit.

Maybe would have been better to have left it to obscurity. lol...

Yep - a short-lived, run of the mill musical variety show, back in the seventies. You couldn't tell by watching that show, but Goldsboro was one seriously talented cat.

I remember hearing the songs Honey and Watching Scotty Grow. Can't say I have any other recollection about him. But fair enough. Maybe the show didn't *showcase* his talents.

jillian said:
Maybe would have been better to have left it to obscurity. lol...

If only...

jillian said:
I remember hearing the songs Honey and Watching Scotty Grow. Can't say I have any other recollection about him. But fair enough. Maybe the show didn't *showcase* his talents.

Yeah, I'd call that a fair assessment. Not a particularly bad show, as those things went - but Golsboro had a lot more on the ball than that. In addition to being a very successful singer/songwriter, he was also a smoking guitarist. He actually wrote and recorded one of the most instantly recognizable guitar riffs in all of American pop music; the intro to Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman".

musicman said:
If only...

Yeah, I'd call that a fair assessment. Not a particularly bad show, as those things went - but Golsboro had a lot more on the ball than that. In addition to being a very successful singer/songwriter, he was also a smoking guitarist. He actually wrote and recorded one of the most instantly recognizable guitar riffs in all of American pop music; the intro to Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman".

Really?!?!? I didn't know that! But you just gave me a great idea for a thread.

Forum List

Back