Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
On a career basis, not just one game.

Jim McMahon
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer

Lose one?
Rich Gannon?

My vote is for Dilfer. Williams was close to being above average a couple years on not the best teams. McMahon probably had the worst set of skills but somehow fit on that freaky Defense lead team. Dilfer?

Last edited:
Jim McMahon wasn't a bad QB. He was just prone to injury.

I liked Brad Johnson. Had some decent statistical years. If he was your QB you probably weren't drafting another too highly.

McMahon, I remember watching him come off the bench against Miami in 85. Hell, have the game on tape. Somehow he inspired his team. Just disagree about his skills but I say his inspirational skills count for something. Double on a team with an angry coach!

Jim McMahon
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer

Lose one?
Rich Gannon?

My vote is for Dilfer. Williams was close to being above average a couple years on not the best teams. McMahon probably had the worst set of skills but somehow fit on that freaky Defense lead team. Dilfer?

Doug Williams had one of the best QB Super Bowl performances ever. Mac was a good QB but far too many issues

Winner...I go with Dilfer

Loser.....Craig Morton Dallas and Denver

Last edited:
How about Jeff Hostetler 90 Giants

Last edited:
If by Worst QB you mean the worst person..

I would go with Ben Roethlisthbergher

Jim McMahon
Doug Williams
Trent Dilfer

Lose one?
Rich Gannon?

Wasn't 86 the McMahon v. Tony Eason superbowl? Not exactly clash of the titans was it. I agree...DILFER!

The worst QB to win a single Super Bowl was Johnny Unitas of the Baltimore Colts against the Dallas Cowboys in the 1971 Super Bowl aka The Blooper Bowl.

Johnny U was way past his prime.

But the Cowboys had Craig Morton.

It's a toss-up between Namath and Dilfer.

Namath is a joke and an emberrassment to the HoF. Absolutely no way on God's green earth he should be in.

namath-seagrams-476x600.jpg

It's a toss-up between Namath and Dilfer.

Namath is a joke and an emberrassment to the HoF. Absolutely no way on God's green earth he should be in.

Namath was more image than substance. He got infor winning one game and it was his defense that delivered on his guarantee not Joe.

His stats are mediocre at best

50% completion rate, 173 TD 220 Int, 65.6 QB rating

That 4,000 yard season of his was pretty spectactular at the time. He was at the top of his game for a shorter period of time than most in the hall. Wonder if the team came apart or just his knees.

That 4,000 yard season of his was pretty spectactular at the time. He was at the top of his game for a shorter period of time than most in the hall. Wonder if the team came apart or just his knees.

Joe was fun to watch and his best games were shootouts. He would throw 4 TDs one game and 6 INTs the next. Darrell Lamonica was more fun to watch and he is not in the HoF.

Can't really remember many big games that Joe won with last second drives. It was not his game

Last edited:

Forum List

Back