Worst/most useless gift ever

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
What was it? There have been plenty over the years, forcing a smile. But I'm trying to remember the absolute worst. (Gifts from little kids don't count.)

last Christmas I received this from my mother:

mr-beer-deluxe-edition-home-microbrewery-system.png

I like to drink beer but I have no desire to make my own when I can just run across the street and buy a 6 pack or go to the bar.

I always thought stuffed animals were about the most useless gift ever when I was younger. Never anywhere to put them and they just sat around for years. Unimaginative.

Oh the list! Ask Echo, teachers get more scary gifts! Then again, some real nice ones too. ;)

Oh the list! Ask Echo, teachers get more scary gifts! Then again, some real nice ones too. ;)

Oh yeah, you all get the ones selected especially for you by some company nobody ever heard of.. Then if you get the handmade ones, you're obligated to keep it at least for awhile. :razz:

Still thinking about the worst, but in the meantime I'm remembering the most useless being a subscription to Seventeen Magazine when I was already reading Cosmopolitan.

I guess probably the "worst" (that I can think of today) would be the year I had hinted for months about a certain [all wool] Harris tweed blazer, even described it to a T, and my husband instead bought me an ugy black and white polyester pant suit (with 3 PIECES!!) Gag. As if that wasn't bad enough, I had to wear it Christmas Day to please him. Oh the sacrifices!!

OK.... absolute worst, without doubt.... gift from an Aunt when I bought my house in the UK. It was a clock. Harmless enough, right? WRONG!!! I shall have to describe it. Picture this: 3 feet long, 10 inches wide, about 5 inches deep.... gold frame... black velvet lining.... with a gold clock on one side and a gold and red peacock sticking out from the other side.

Unfortunately, my clumsy brother dropped it when I moved in and it broke. Shame.

OK.... absolute worst, without doubt.... gift from an Aunt when I bought my house in the UK. It was a clock. Harmless enough, right? WRONG!!! I shall have to describe it. Picture this: 3 feet long, 10 inches wide, about 5 inches deep.... gold frame... black velvet lining.... with a gold clock on one side and a gold and red peacock sticking out from the other side.

Unfortunately, my clumsy brother dropped it when I moved in and it broke. Shame.

that was a $200,000 Antique.

That's one mother of a clock. Did you make the mistake of telling her you had a fireplace mantle? Otherwise, where would you put it if you didn't? Maybe it was a joke. I once bought someone a plastic pink flamingo for his front lawn, but he knew it was a joke (based on circumstances). At least I hope he did. Hmmm.

Forum List

Back