Worst/most useless gift ever

OK.... absolute worst, without doubt.... gift from an Aunt when I bought my house in the UK. It was a clock. Harmless enough, right? WRONG!!! I shall have to describe it. Picture this: 3 feet long, 10 inches wide, about 5 inches deep.... gold frame... black velvet lining.... with a gold clock on one side and a gold and red peacock sticking out from the other side.

Unfortunately, my clumsy brother dropped it when I moved in and it broke. Shame.

That's one mother of a clock. Did you make the mistake of telling her you had a fireplace mantle? Otherwise, where would you put it if you didn't? Maybe it was a joke. I once bought someone a plastic pink flamingo for his front lawn, but he knew it was a joke (based on circumstances). At least I hope he did. Hmmm.

:lol::lol: Actually, yea. My place is 500 years old and I said it had a massive fireplace and she thought I needed 'something impactive'... Impactive maybe but ugly as all hell.

A "Cock Sock"

I know how to keep the damned thing warm.

And how do you 're-gift' that?

A "Cock Sock"

I know how to keep the damned thing warm.

And how do you 're-gift' that?

:lol: I forgot about those things. Everyone was "knitting" one (back in the day). Seems like it's something that needs reviving. (No pun intended.)

Forum List

Back