Worse than Bush/Hitler Ad...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/17696.htm

DEMON ART

July 2, 2004 -- A SHOCKING image of a blood-spattered President Bush devouring a headless child is causing an uproar. The drawing by sculptor Richard Serra, based on a painting by Goya, is being used to promote pleasevote.com, billed as "a call to vote the Bush administration out of office." It appears on the back cover of The Nation's July 5 issue. Ironically, Serra, a past recipient of NEA grants, was once praised by First Lady Laura Bush in a White House press release about one of his pieces at a Texas museum. His "Tilted Arc" once graced (or defaced) Federal Plaza in lower Manhattan until it was destroyed in 1989. Pundit Andrew Sullivan labeled the Bush image "an obscenity" and "simple demonization."

I guess the Liberals are having a competition for the most absurdly offensive ad they could possibly make about Bush. I think this one wins with a close second from the moveon.org ad. Whats the prize? The winner becomes Kerry's VP.

Another recipient of NEA largesse was Nelson Serranto, who responded with a work of "art" called " Piss Christ" - a crucifix immersed, upside-down, in a jar of urine.

I hope you got a chance to enjoy that exhibit. You paid for it.

Originally posted by musicman
Another recipient of NEA largesse was Nelson Serranto, who responded with a work of "art" called " Piss Christ" - a crucifix immersed, upside-down, in a jar of urine.

I hope you got a chance to enjoy that exhibit. You paid for it.

wonderful:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back