World's first virtual reality book launched

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This is a wonderful idea to help children learn to read. I hope something like this is being planned for our schools.

8th edition of SCRF from April 20-30
By
  • Published Sunday, March 27, 2016

Children in the UAE are set to enter a fun new age of reading with the launch of the world's first virtual reality book in Sharjah.

The service will be available in both Arabic and English. This is an initiative by the Sharjah Book Authority (SBA) as part of its campaign to promote the eighth edition of the Sharjah Children's Reading Festival (SCRF), which will take place from April 20-30, 2016 at Expo Centre Sharjah.

SBA chose the title ‘Baba Zayed’ - a publication from Kalimat publishing house – as the first book to be used by virtual reality technology. The book was specifically selected by SBA to enhance the national identity among children in the UAE

Continue reading at:

I have over 37000 books, newspapers and periodicals. None are dependent upon software. Each could sit on a shelf for 500 years and would still be as informative as the day they were published. I am not the only one with such a collection.

Those attempting to change history will have a very hard time, short of Fahrenheit 451.

I have over 37000 books, newspapers and periodicals. None are dependent upon software. Each could sit on a shelf for 500 years and would still be as informative as the day they were published. I am not the only one with such a collection.

Those attempting to change history will have a very hard time, short of Fahrenheit 451.

I agree with you to an extent, Billy, as I also have lots of books (although I am slowly giving them away to Goodwill to reduce clutter), but you have to admit that there are children who do need help with their reading, and this new thing might do the trick.

I agree with you to an extent, Billy, as I also have lots of books (although I am slowly giving them away to Goodwill to reduce clutter), but you have to admit that there are children who do need help with their reading, and this new thing might do the trick.

I am not against digital storage, but it is dependent upon the software available. It's easy to leave certain things out.

So..............it's written in both Arabic and English.

Anyone ever think that it could be a way to convert and radicalize kids to Islam and being suicide bombers?

So..............it's written in both Arabic and English.

Anyone ever think that it could be a way to convert and radicalize kids to Islam and being suicide bombers?
d0169e71d162e22f692c5e83cefc8f88.jpg

Forum List

Back