World Wide Civil Unrest - World War III?

Well, if one believes in the Bible, then we are headed towards a very distinct future that has been spoken of already.
....And, ECHOED by crazy-people...​

"A teen-age girl was upset because her boyfriend had jilted her. Her mother reassured her by saying: "There, there, it's not the end of the world."

HERE

A review of history in the early 20th century shows general civil unrest.

Widespread unemployment, unstable money supplies and other resources, and general disatisfaction with unresponsive authoritarian government led to increasing pockets of unrest in Europe, most especially Germany, in the Communist countries, and led to overthrow of governments resulting in even more oppressive regime seizing power. Economies were destablized; currencies were put at risk; and opportunistic nations looked for ways to capitalize on the unrest.

Result: World War I and World War II.

Now we see riots in Barcelona, in France, growing unrest in the UK, in Albania, and now in the Middle East with widespread government protests in Egypt and Jordan who, not insignificantly, are the only allies Israel has in that area.

Today oil is rising drastically and the markets are plunging as investors scramble to protect their assets in the fact of a possible civil war in Egypt alone.

And we have North Korea, China, Iran, Venezuela, and a few other places, all friendly to each other, and none the true friend of the Western World possibly looking for ways to capitalize on the unrest. Certainly Hamas and Hezbollah are watching and will likely make a move if they feel that world attention is diverted from Israel.

Are we moving to the brink of World War III?

Not sure it's that bad yet. But I will say I feel something like WWIII is more likely today than it was 10 Years ago.

The continuing erosion of our Nuclear Deterrent, Lack of Politcal Will, and the Perception of Weakness on our part make that inevitable

Well, if one believes in the Bible, then we are headed towards a very distinct future that has been spoken of already.

And with each year that passes, more and more of those thousands year old speakings become reality. Left wing atheists still deny this. Yet, predicted events keep becoming real history.

I'm just curious to see if there are many like me with their antenna up though. I think those closest to experience with the world war scenarios and educated with history from that era might have a different perspective than some of the younger ones.
"THAT" era????

:eusa_eh:

WHICH era......the Cold War Era....or the ReRon Era (early '80s, when Republicans were scarin' the fuckin' shit outta my son and his friends....all in their early-teens)??!!!!

The ReRon Era

....And, HOW WE LEARNED TO LOVE WWIII - The Sequel

88reag1.gif

Reagan links Bible Prophecy with Nuclear Warhttp://www.prop1.org/inaugur/85reagan/85rrarm.htm

(Fuckin' sadistic old PRICK!!)​

Last edited:

And with each year that passes, more and more of those thousands year old speakings become reality. Left wing atheists still deny this. Yet, predicted events keep becoming real history.

Conservatives like me deny it too... It's fucking dumb.

Am I the only one that saw the movie?

Aztec Calendar?
:doubt:
Jeeze people, pay attention!!!

I've already reserved a campground on top of the Yellowstone Caldera.:cool:

I know we don't need a reason for a war but I hope we come up with one we can all rally behind.
( and put me down as "against" the idea of calling it WWIII. Let's be creative this time )

Now we see riots in Barcelona, in France, growing unrest in the UK, in Albania, and now in the Middle East with widespread government protests in Egypt and Jordan who, not insignificantly, are the only allies Israel has in that area.

Did you just decide to ignore Tunisia's revolution in order to throw in the remark about Israel?

There will be major wars this decade. Whether any will qualify as a world war, I don't know.

The world is in turmoil. This is the time where men and women of virtue and character need to stand up and lead people to safety.

The real concern, in my opinion, is that once again the Wealthiest in the World have achieved a very unbalanced level of wealth in comparison to: "everyone else." As poverty increases and the affluent seem to prosper more and more, that's when real-life revolt happens because people are desperate. People don't like to die for a cause unless they're noble, or desperate. Most people aren't noble. As the desperation of the poor around the world rises, THIS is what will cause chaos. And this doesn't mean that I want to rob the rich and give to the poor, but there's certainly something to be said for how much of the well they're sucking up IN COMPARISON to all other Human Beings. Something will always "give" in these types of scenarios.

:clap2:

I think you got it!

The only real difference between a politically stable period and a politically unstable period is the distribution of wealth.

Nobody wants handouts or revolution: we need economic leadership. But all we get is infinite greed.

Did you just decide to ignore Tunisia's revolution in order to throw in the remark about Israel?

Back to geography class for you. When you refresh your memory about where Tunisia is, you'll surely realize how non sequitur and ad hominem your comment is here.

There will be major wars this decade. Whether any will qualify as a world war, I don't know.

The world is in turmoil. This is the time where men and women of virtue and character need to stand up and lead people to safety.

The real concern, in my opinion, is that once again the Wealthiest in the World have achieved a very unbalanced level of wealth in comparison to: "everyone else." As poverty increases and the affluent seem to prosper more and more, that's when real-life revolt happens because people are desperate. People don't like to die for a cause unless they're noble, or desperate. Most people aren't noble. As the desperation of the poor around the world rises, THIS is what will cause chaos. And this doesn't mean that I want to rob the rich and give to the poor, but there's certainly something to be said for how much of the well they're sucking up IN COMPARISON to all other Human Beings. Something will always "give" in these types of scenarios.

I think you got it!

The only real difference between a politically stable period and a politically unstable period is the distribution of wealth.

Nobody wants handouts or revolution: we need economic leadership. But all we get is infinite greed.

Could we get some really poor SOBs to lead us ? At least that way we wouldn't have to envy them.

Are you talking in terms of evangelical and fundamental Christian end times eschatology? If you are, then I would like to see your support for such a position.

Back to geography class for you. When you refresh your memory about where Tunisia is, you'll surely realize how non sequitur and ad hominem your comment is here.

Except you made the remark about Muslim countries. My comment had nothing to do about the geographical location of these Muslims. 99% of Tunisia are Muslims. This is about countries wanting democracy, not some sort of imaginary slight against Israel.

Never mind the fact your statement was woefully inaccurate.

Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites - Times Online

You're also ignoring that while not at the best terms at the moment, Israel and Turkey have been on fairly good terms.

Oh well, with American unemployment so high, I guess that all the young kids can join the army, get basic training & experience, then join one of the private security companies and get sent all over the world to enforce stability.

I don't know exactly where in the Constitution it says that America is to be a world dominant military empire, but that seems to be the way it's been going for the past 50 years or so.

Hail Ceaser!

We really should consider invading Switzerland before it's too late.

I think you got it!

Could we get some really poor SOBs to lead us ? At least that way we wouldn't have to envy them.

Sorry, but Stalin died years ago.

Forum List

Back