World Wide Civil Unrest - World War III?

WW3? What you are asking is whether the US will face a revolution. The left tried it back in the 60's.

Quiz: Why are most older (70-100 year old) Nat'l Guard armories built like castles?

Because they were built before the Age of Blitzkrieg warfare. When you could expect to hold up in a fort and fend of an Enemy.

Not an option with today's weapons. The mobility And Destructive ability of Offensive warfare makes any Fixed position Defenses rather pointless.

Back to geography class for you. When you refresh your memory about where Tunisia is, you'll surely realize how non sequitur and ad hominem your comment is here.

Except you made the remark about Muslim countries. My comment had nothing to do about the geographical location of these Muslims. 99% of Tunisia are Muslims. This is about countries wanting democracy, not some sort of imaginary slight against Israel.

Never mind the fact your statement was woefully inaccurate.

Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites - Times Online

You're also ignoring that while not at the best terms at the moment, Israel and Turkey have been on fairly good terms.

The post of mine that you quoted didn't mention Muslims. So do you have a fixation about Muslims or just read what isn't there? I was referring to the two Middle East countries that just happen to have peace treaties with Israel. That fact makes protests against their government more significant for Israel and, by default, for those of us who are allies of Israel. Unrest in Tunisia really has nothing at all to do with that.

Turkey is not on record as having signed a peace treaty with Israel as Egypt and Jordan both have done.

Context Modbert. Context. Are are you just wanting to snark and snipe and don't care about the subject?

P.S. Tunisia is not in the Middle East.

Last edited:
Has Fox fed the Chicken Little thing or what?

yes fear could lead to another major war since people seem to have lost their ability to reason things out.

WW3? What you are asking is whether the US will face a revolution. The left tried it back in the 60's.

Quiz: Why are most older (70-100 year old) Nat'l Guard armories built like castles?

Because they were built before the Age of Blitzkrieg warfare. When you could expect to hold up in a fort and fend of an Enemy.

Not an option with today's weapons. The mobility And Destructive ability of Offensive warfare makes any Fixed position Defenses rather pointless.

yes, mobile defense and offense is the name of the game unless someone throws a tac or dirty nuke, then I guess the gloves come off.

No...try again....hint: it has nothing to do with defense against foreign countries.

Oh well, with American unemployment so high, I guess that all the young kids can join the army, get basic training & experience, then join one of the private security companies and get sent all over the world to enforce stability.

I don't know exactly where in the Constitution it says that America is to be a world dominant military empire, but that seems to be the way it's been going for the past 50 years or so.
....And, pays damned-well.....for those folks, so developmentally-arrested, they wanna play John Wayne the rest o' their life.​

We really should consider invading Switzerland before it's too late.
I'm thinkin' they've already paid their "dues", through cooperation!!

241.png

January 10, 2011

"Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Doug Shulman closed out 2010 by dining out one last time on the success of the agency’s recently-concluded enforcement effort against Switzerland’s premier financial institution, UBS AG.

The case targeted the bank and thousands of UBS clients, caught red-handed in a long-running fraud hiding as much as $20 billion in secret undeclared accounts and earning UBS up to $200 million a year in ill-begotten profits.

“Taxpayers understand that the risk of being caught hiding assets offshore has increased significantly,” Shulman told an assembly of lawyers, corporate tax executives and accountants at the 23rd Annual Institution on Current Issues in International Taxation in Washington in December.

Shulman said the agency is now carrying the fight against offshore tax abuse well beyond Switzerland and UBS by replicating tactics honed in the UBS investigation: “Cleaning up abuses of the past (Bush-years) and then mining and leveraging the data we receive to mount a greater attack on the abuse.”

Shulman also said the IRS is “seriously considering” launching a new “special” amnesty program to induce even more U.S. tax-avoiders with offshore accounts to come in from the cold (the IRS estimates there are some 2 million Americans with foreign accounts, many of which are undeclared, costing the U.S. Treasury an estimated $100 billion in lost tax revenues because of offshore tax abuses)."

HERE
Yeah....it's lookin' like the high-roller$ are ON THE RUN!!!!!!

:woohoo:

Hell....they can probably use the exercise!!​

I would have to go along with Bucs, this is the beginning of change, big change. For those who believe, our Lord has foretold us of this event. However, what I have read on the subject seperate from the Bible, the US will not be involved in this war, we will be lucky if we are able to defend ourselves, let alone wage war. Make no mistake though, if riots start here the military will put it down. I remember back in the late 90s a membeer of the MSN Boards posted an article that seemed unbelieveable at the time. Military commanders did a servey of their troops and asked them if they were capable if firing on their own citizens if ordered to, the troops overwelmingly anwsered yes.

Have no fears though these changes will be for the better and peace will abound for a thousand years.

Last edited:

You are over reaching FF. There has been and always will be civil unrest as long as power is withheld from the populace and miss used by those that believe they have some divine mandate to run the world or any part of it where populations are not treated with respect and the rights they believe are being withheld.

Do you really think Albanians are going to join up wit Egyptians and so on?

There will be at least one kind of universal uprising and that will be long and slow as the common man finally understands that the tyrants and the self appointed and the Religious Fundamentalists need to be thrown out on their asses from the seats of power.

As far as the Europeans, African, Mid East and central Asian countries go...they are caught up in such a clusterfuck of old grievances that there will be no settling any of it in our lifetime. Let em fight it out..I don't care if they all butcher themselves. There are too many humans on the planet anyway...let the stupid ones kill themselves off.

You are over reaching FF. There has been and always will be civil unrest as long as power is withheld from the populace and miss used by those that believe they have some divine mandate to run the world or any part of it where populations are not treated with respect and the rights they believe are being withheld.

There will be at least one kind of universal uprising and that will be long and slow as the common man finally understands that the tyrants and the self appointed and the Religious Fundamentalists need to be thrown out on their asses from the seats of power.

As far as the Europeans, African, Mid East and central Asian countries go...they are caught up in such a clusterfuck of old grievances that there will be no settling any of it in our lifetime. Let em fight it out..I don't care if they all butcher themselves. There are too many humans on the planet anyway...let the stupid ones kill themselves off.

Over reaching? Really? How am I over reaching anything as I have not provided my opinion as to the significance of the current events. All I have done is compare them with the historical context.

If you think they don't fit the historical context, please provide your insight and perspective as to why they don't fit the historical context.

Who in their wildest dreams a year or two before it happened would have seen two small countries, Germany and Japan, join in a military compact with each other? Who is their wildest dreams a year or two before it happened would have seen the USA as an ally with the U.S.S.R.?

And then tell me how a North Korea, an Iran, a Venzuela, and a Communist China, all with friendly relationships with each other, would not raise eyebrows of concern should they form a military alliance?

Well, if one believes in the Bible, then we are headed towards a very distinct future that has been spoken of already.

And with each year that passes, more and more of those thousands year old speakings become reality. Left wing atheists still deny this. Yet, predicted events keep becoming real history.

wow... an endtimer.. who'd a thunk it? :cuckoo:

you don't have to be an atheist not to think revelations is anything more than someone's fantasy.

Over reaching? Really? How am I over reaching anything as I have not provided my opinion as to the significance of the current events. All I have done is compare them with the historical context.

If you think they don't fit the historical context, please provide your insight and perspective as to why they don't fit the historical context.

Who in their wildest dreams a year or two before it happened would have seen two small countries, Germany and Japan, join in a military compact with each other? Who is their wildest dreams a year or two before it happened would have seen the USA as an ally with the U.S.S.R.?

And then tell me how a North Korea, an Iran, a Venzuela, and a Communist China, all with friendly relationships with each other, would not raise eyebrows of concern should they form a military alliance?

Perhaps I missed your main focus. I have to admit I didn't even read your whole OP in detail. I skimmed it. My bad. I'm still not really sure how the OP title fits your text.

Guessing all the possible alliances and trouble spots is much akin to herding cats. There are still as there always have been countries in flux and transition. Ya Venezuela surprised me too..and I'm familiar with that part of the world. BUT ..this is the age of super communication and what Chavez see's as a benefit for his country may be valid from his standpoint. We may not like it but it really isn't our call. There are about as many different reasons as there are conflicts and future conflicts. That's what the CIA gets paid to keep track of and either they are dropping the ball or keeping it to themselves.

In any case our citizens are never the first to find out.

What we are seeing is the realization by a lot of people in nations that have a ruling class that retains the wealth for a very small percentage of it's citizens. Nations where one is not free to speak your mind. The net is a facililator of of the unrest, because people can share knowledge.

Yes, there is going to an increased amount of unrest as more people realize the amount of bullshit the religious and political leaders have fed them over the years. World War Three? No, more like the waves of unrest that swept the nations after the Guttenberg Bible was published. Followed by all kinds of books. Such as the writings of John Locke and Thomas Paine. The dissemination of knowledge to an everwidening number of citizens of all nations created a very precarious situation for the rulers of that period. Now the dissemination of knowledge through the internet is many orders of magnitudes greater than that earlier period.

Folks, this is just the beginning. Nations not connected to the net, such as North Korea, will find themselves ever more isolated and poor, while those connected to the net will find themselves less and less capable of lying successfully to their citizens.

Perhaps I missed your main focus. I have to admit I didn't even read your whole OP in detail. I skimmed it. My bad. I'm still not really sure how the OP title fits your text.

Guessing all the possible alliances and trouble spots is much akin to herding cats. There are still as there always have been countries in flux and transition. Ya Venezuela surprised me too..and I'm familiar with that part of the world. BUT ..this is the age of super communication and what Chavez see's as a benefit for his country may be valid from his standpoint. We may not like it but it really isn't our call. There are about as many different reasons as there are conflicts and future conflicts. That's what the CIA gets paid to keep track of and either they are dropping the ball or keeping it to themselves.

In this age of super communications, I think citizens may actually be aware of stuff and it takes awhile for the C.I.A. to catch up. I know the citizens are quite often way ahead of the news media.

The point is, I don't want us to stick our heads in the sand or pretend everything is just hunky dory wonderful or business as usual here in the USA and/or in the world when our gut tells us to be cautious. I don't want another holocaust. I don't want another cold war resulting in the emaciation and death of tens of millions. Can you Huggy or me Foxfyre stop it? Of course not. But the more that are aware, the less likely stuff is to fall between the cracks.

It's that same old saw: Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it. The way things are shaping up--the USA is weakened from a prolonged recession and is no doubt perceived as weak. Same in the years leading up to WWII yes? The perception that there is no real superpower in existence.

You have rogue governments who intend nobody any good building up their armies, resources, fuel dumps, etc. etc. etc. and becoming friendly with each other.

Much ado about nothing? Maybe. Maybe even probably.

But I don't think we should assume that and not be paying attention.

yes, mobile defense and offense is the name of the game unless someone throws a tac or dirty nuke, then I guess the gloves come off.

Yea! That's when we liberals are going to all join hands and sing kum-by-ya

Then whatta gonna do?!?!?

In this age of super communications, I think citizens may actually be aware of stuff and it takes awhile for the C.I.A. to catch up. I know the citizens are quite often way ahead of the news media.

The point is, I don't want us to stick our heads in the sand or pretend everything is just hunky dory wonderful or business as usual here in the USA and/or in the world when our gut tells us to be cautious. I don't want another holocaust. I don't want another cold war resulting in the emaciation and death of tens of millions. Can you Huggy or me Foxfyre stop it? Of course not. But the more that are aware, the less likely stuff is to fall between the cracks.

It's that same old saw: Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it. The way things are shaping up--the USA is weakened from a prolonged recession and is no doubt perceived as weak. Same in the years leading up to WWII yes? The perception that there is no real superpower in existence.

You have rogue governments who intend nobody any good building up their armies, resources, fuel dumps, etc. etc. etc. and becoming friendly with each other.

I'm not sure that the biggest threat to world stability might not be financial abuses like we have just endured. Not all dangerous secrets and goings on are grass roots and political in nature. Think of the general harm caused by the inner circle of financial giants on the rest of the world. When they fuck around and end up crashing whole economies and there are MILLIONS put out of work as a result ...if you ask me that is as good a genesis of unrest as any.

Last edited:
World War 3? Well, if it does happen, I guess all I can say is, I'll be among the military members. I can't really say my feelings on it, I mean, if someone bombs the US and we find out it really was them, then let's do it, but honestly, I doubt that is how a major war will start. I understand people opposing it, but I personally do not claim to know whether we are better off without a conflict or not. I just hope the economy can get better for the common man. I have NO idea about economics, I took Honors Economics last semester and that consisted of 'self-finance' basically teaching kids how to not screw themselves with credit cards, which anyone with common sense (at least too me) should know how NOT to do.

I hope that the world changes, I would not want to start a family in this economy, but I also know I am going to do my best to be the best for the country I was born & raised in. My opinion is this: What happens, happens, and all I can say is I am doing my best to educate myself, and learn from others, and better myself daily. I know it sounds corny, but that is the best I have.

I'm not sure that the biggest threat to world stability might not be financial abuses like we have just endured. Not all dangerous secrets and goings on are grass roots and political in nature. Think of the general harm caused by the inner circle of financial giants on the rest of the world. When they fuck around and end up crashing whole economies and there are MILLIONS put out of work as a result ...if you ask me that is as good a genesis of unrest as any.

I can't quarrel with that. Hitler did unbelievable harm and damage by demonizing Jews, Gypsies, gays, and the mentally ill and accusing them of all of Germany's ills so that people wouldn't notice that his end game was to conquer as much of his world as he could reach.

These days we may have a whole new category of demons: the rich; the capitalists, the individual liberties movements such as the Tea Partiers, big oil, or whatever the target of the day might be. (I know, I know 'target' is soooo politically incorrect but I'm a determinably non politically correct person.) Such exists in every nation.

This time nobody will be rounding them up (right away anyway) for the firing squads, internment camps, or gas chambers, but blaming them for economic collapse that devastates a nation while opportunists quietly use that situation to seize power and control does not seem all that unrealistic to me. When the people perceive an enemy, even a manufactured one, they are all too willing to embrace the knight in shining armor who comes to 'save' them and they won't ask too many questions.

I don't think we should count it as unrealistic that World War III won't be fought with bombs and bullets as much as it will be fought with ideas, computers, and economic sabotage.

Last edited:
A review of history in the early 20th century shows general civil unrest.

Widespread unemployment, unstable money supplies and other resources, and general disatisfaction with unresponsive authoritarian government led to increasing pockets of unrest in Europe, most especially Germany, in the Communist countries, and led to overthrow of governments resulting in even more oppressive regime seizing power. Economies were destablized; currencies were put at risk; and opportunistic nations looked for ways to capitalize on the unrest.

Result: World War I and World War II.

Now we see riots in Barcelona, in France, growing unrest in the UK, in Albania, and now in the Middle East with widespread government protests in Egypt and Jordan who, not insignificantly, are the only allies Israel has in that area.

Today oil is rising drastically and the markets are plunging as investors scramble to protect their assets in the fact of a possible civil war in Egypt alone.

And we have North Korea, China, Iran, Venezuela, and a few other places, all friendly to each other, and none the true friend of the Western World possibly looking for ways to capitalize on the unrest. Certainly Hamas and Hezbollah are watching and will likely make a move if they feel that world attention is diverted from Israel.

Are we moving to the brink of World War III?

not yet. we are still imho, around 1933...we've got a ways to go.

World War 3? Well, if it does happen, I guess all I can say is, I'll be among the military members. I can't really say my feelings on it, I mean, if someone bombs the US and we find out it really was them, then let's do it, but honestly, I doubt that is how a major war will start. I understand people opposing it, but I personally do not claim to know whether we are better off without a conflict or not. I just hope the economy can get better for the common man. I have NO idea about economics, I took Honors Economics last semester and that consisted of 'self-finance' basically teaching kids how to not screw themselves with credit cards, which anyone with common sense (at least too me) should know how NOT to do.

I hope that the world changes, I would not want to start a family in this economy, but I also know I am going to do my best to be the best for the country I was born & raised in. My opinion is this: What happens, happens, and all I can say is I am doing my best to educate myself, and learn from others, and better myself daily. I know it sounds corny, but that is the best I have.

Your best is almost certainly more than most people even attempt to give, and thank you for your service.

My hope is that people like you won't be thrown away or sacrificed or put at risk for anything that you would not choose to fight for whether or not you are in the military. And I would feel completely blessed and at peace if I could see a world that intercepted and stopped the bad guys before they could create chaos and our young men and women would never need to be put at risk in war again.

Forum List

Back