World Citizens...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Tony Blair, addressing students at Yale University, told them that they were the worlds future and needed to think like "Global Citizens".

I couldn't help but think that some folks on this board would have an issue with Americans being told to think like global citizens... Is this bad? Why?

-Joe

IMHO

it is not necessarily bad if individuals want to think like "world" citizens. The problem i have is the US government acting for the world first and the US last.

The feds take our tax money and spread it all around the world while right here at home is where we should be spending those tax dollars.

If you want to think like a world citizen then feel free to give your money to OXFAM or whatever but tax dollars should not be forced charity.

IMHO

it is not necessarily bad if individuals want to think like "world" citizens. The problem i have is the US government acting for the world first and the US last.

The feds take our tax money and spread it all around the world while right here at home is where we should be spending those tax dollars.

If you want to think like a world citizen then feel free to give your money to OXFAM or whatever but tax dollars should not be forced charity.

No, historically your government has spent your money and used your military to benefit private and not national interests. Feel conned much?

Can you clarify something for me, please? Exactly what is a Global Citizen or a World Citizen? Do we all not come from the same world or planet? (Well .... maybe some of these people on the USMB don't. But most of us do. Who knows?) :cuckoo:

But ... is it something like being an African-American, or a Italo-American, or a Mexican-American ... or, ....(fill in your preference-American).... :confused:

I still don't get it. Are we not all just plain American's? :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back