Working it out

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Or you could say the Troops did their part for Robin Williams. Military Veterans might get a couple of bucks in a pension for their Service related depression issues and they go on with their lives. World class drug abusers in the celebrity world become depressed and whine about it.

Or you could say the Troops did their part for Robin Williams. Military Veterans might get a couple of bucks in a pension for their Service related depression issues and they go on with their lives. World class drug abusers in the celebrity world become depressed and whine about it.

The wrong person killed himself yesterday. :doubt:

The wrong person killed himself yesterday. :doubt:

Too fucking true.

The guy had everything to live for and the best in drug rehab and pop-culture doctors but he sat on the floor and put a belt around his neck and did the most insulting and selfish act imaginable to his wife and family.

The guy had everything to live for and the best in drug rehab and pop-culture doctors but he sat on the floor and put a belt around his neck and did the most insulting and selfish act imaginable to his wife and family.

Put a belt around your neck, and do the most rewarding thing for this world. Nobody will care. We know you have no loved ones.

I want to publicly apologize to Whitehall in this thread. Because I suffer from depression I took his comments too personally. I pretty much wished death upon another poster, and it was very inappropriate. I'm very sorry. :(

I want to publicly apologize to Whitehall in this thread. Because I suffer from depression I took his comments too personally. I pretty much wished death upon another poster, and it was very inappropriate. I'm very sorry. :(

You might find this interesting

"The first key aspect of this perfect depressive dystopia would be to get as many people as possible interacting with screens, instead of with flesh-and-blood human beings, as often as possible. (Pause for the irony that you’re almost certainly reading this on a screen.)"

Robin Williams and Our Strange Times | National Review Online

Y'all let me know if you want the title changed or the thread moved. It just didn't seem right leaving this discussion mixed in to a tribute thread, but I didn't want to delete it either.

I've never suffered from such a thing, but I can about imagine how it would effect you.
I have little advice but to try to remain positive and smile a lot.
It didn't work for the man in question, but we can pray it will work for you.

Good luck, dude.

What Robin Williams did to himself does not speak so much to the weakness of the individual as it does to the profound power of addiction and depression. The nature of those illnesses are such that no amount of fame or fortune can fill those holes.

Perhaps believing fame and fortune would fill those holes, and then discovering they don't, only made matters worse for Mr. Williams.

Last edited:

who supported your post took it as a serious wish for harm to Whitehall. More like a statement of frustration at the shallow thoughtlessness of his comment.

Forum List

Back