Wondering Why Migrants Choose USA as Their Destination ?

Yeah, the GOP is trying to limit that opportunity to only certain people.
ABSOLUTELY. Of course. That would be those who come here based on MERIT.

Example 1 - industrious people (of any race) with money (capital), to open businesses and create jobs (for AMERICANS).

Example 2 - people bringing needed skills

Example 3 -people bringing desirable assets (great musicians, artists, surgeons, etc
(Note: these would be very few in number, relative to the millions of welfare leeches being let in by Joe Biden.)

The immigrants all come to blue cities and states.
Many Americans also move from red states/cities to blue cities. When I lived in Knoxville, TN, I remember seeing 15 buses all marked "NEW YORK", packed with blacks, going there to get welfare.

I am not GOP, and I would limit the numbers also. Most Americans do not support unlimited immigration or open borders. It is no way to run a country, this one, or any other.
Its a good thing we don't have that then. I would tie the number of visas we issue in a year to the unemployment rate myself. When we need more workers, we issue more visas. Seems like a pretty easy formula to follow to me. Its pretty tricky. Such a thing would not count for business expansion. Joe's roofing, for example, may need more laborers because they're expanding. That doesn't show up in unemployment numbers. But it's a good barometer. It also speaks to the hard labor that we've come to pretty much pawn off on immigrants as a rule more than an exception. Few, if any, 20 year old Americans are going to decide to be a roofer. But I think the UE rate is likely the best indicator we have as to how many visas to issue.

The hysterical thing is that we've had this porous border with Mexico for decades and, it used to be a few times a year, we'd hear from some right wing crack pot how we're doomed! Since the blob came on the scene, we hear how we're doomed every five seconds. Neither one was remotely true.

Its a good thing we don't have that then. I would tie the number of visas we issue in a year to the unemployment rate myself. When we need more workers, we issue more visas. Seems like a pretty easy formula to follow to me. Its pretty tricky. Such a thing would not count for business expansion. Joe's roofing, for example, may need more laborers because they're expanding. That doesn't show up in unemployment numbers. But it's a good barometer. It also speaks to the hard labor that we've come to pretty much pawn off on immigrants as a rule more than an exception. Few, if any, 20 year old Americans are going to decide to be a roofer. But I think the UE rate is likely the best indicator we have as to how many visas to issue.

The hysterical thing is that we've had this porous border with Mexico for decades and, it used to be a few times a year, we'd hear from some right wing crack pot how we're doomed! Since the blob came on the scene, we hear how we're doomed every five seconds. Neither one was remotely true.
When a poster starts off a post with something (referring to open borders) like > "Its a good thing we don't have that then".......you know there is no point in reading the rest of the post. Pheeeew! :rolleyes:

Very much so, for the world's losers, looking for a free ride (paid for by US workers/taxpayers)
In some cases, yes. That is but one of the problems with Joe's unfettered open border policy, that lack of discrimination between those seeking a better life based on working to assimilate, while being constructive members of a free society and those just looking for a free ride. Or maybe the opportunity to continue their criminal activities already practiced in their own country, against American citizens, with Joe's come one, come all approach.

It is indeed a "pretty tricky", and that is just one reason, the problems of our border and immigration in general are not being addressed by the cowards we elect to handle our business and guide the future of this country. I am speaking of both sides of the political divide.

Have you considered a darker theory, that it is actually planned, but we are not in on the plan, only the recipients of the outcomes and costs, monetary, societal, etc?

Joe Scott did a segment on "Accelerationism" :
1703256275626.png

There are people of both political ilk that see either short term advantage or have visions of long term utopia, often it appears for their own benefit in radical change, pushing to a tipping point.

It is indeed a "pretty tricky", and that is just one reason, the problems of our border and immigration in general are not being addressed by the cowards we elect to handle our business and guide the future of this country. I am speaking of both sides of the political divide.
Not being addressed. Which is rather interesting given how much the GOP talks about it. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not blaming the GOP exclusively. Both parties over several decades have created what you’re calling a problem.

I agree it is a problem but I don’t think we agree on what the problem is. I would imagine that there are more courtrooms in New York City than there are in Kingsport, Tennessee. I never counted but I’m pretty confident in that statement. Why do you think that is? Because there is probably more crime.

Every illegal border crossing is a crime. It would seem that we would do the same with immigration. We don’t seem to have done that. Seems like that would be job one if we are still going to let people apply for asylum when they put a toe on our soil. That is the problem in my view. So what that has created is this shadowy community of people in limbo.

One of the saddest examples is this: Happening now. This is squarely on Biden.

What is the solution? I don’t know. But there should not be a chokepoint created by volume that lasts for multiple decades.

Have you considered a darker theory, that it is actually planned, but we are not in on the plan, only the recipients of the outcomes and costs, monetary, societal, etc?

Joe Scott did a segment on "Accelerationism" :
View attachment 877145

There are people of both political ilk that see either short term advantage or have visions of long term utopia, often it appears for their own benefit in radical change, pushing to a tipping point.

I think it’s silly that over 50/60 years someone has implemented a plan in Washington to do anything and it hasn’t been usurped by the next administration, outed by some whistleblower, etc...

Not being addressed. Which is rather interesting given how much the GOP talks about it. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not blaming the GOP exclusively. Both parties over several decades have created what you’re calling a problem.

I agree it is a problem but I don’t think we agree on what the problem is. I would imagine that there are more courtrooms in New York City than there are in Kingsport, Tennessee. I never counted but I’m pretty confident in that statement. Why do you think that is? Because there is probably more crime.

Every illegal border crossing is a crime. It would seem that we would do the same with immigration. We don’t seem to have done that. Seems like that would be job one if we are still going to let people apply for asylum when they put a toe on our soil. That is the problem in my view. So what that has created is this shadowy community of people in limbo.

One of the saddest examples is this: Happening now. This is squarely on Biden.

What is the solution? I don’t know. But there should not be a chokepoint created by volume that lasts for multiple decades.

I think it’s silly that over 50/60 years someone has implemented a plan in Washington to do anything and it hasn’t been usurped by the next administration, outed by some whistleblower, etc...

Agreed. As to your Kingsport, TN vs New York city thing, it is probably population difference, not crime per capita.

Agreed. As to your Kingsport, TN vs New York city thing, it is probably population difference, not crime per capita.
Works either way really. 11M people--the size of Ohio--here illegally. You’d think we’d have a more robust presence legally.

I would think there is far more crime per capita in NY vs Kingsport.

Forum List

Back