Womens With Chops

Thank you, that reminds me, speaking of Alisons... my favourite banjo player, Alison Brown with her tune "Leaving Cottondale"...

(Cottondale is just outside Tuscaloosa)

With Sierra Hull on mando.

Not really "chops" here but this was I believe the first all-female rock group signed to a major record contract...

Goldie and the Gingerbreads, headed by lead singer Goldie Zelkowitz (birth name Genyusha Zelkowitz, born in Poland seven months after Hitler's invasion began World War II) and drummer Ginger Panablanco.

Ironically this US group had a hit in the UK with this song in 1965, while the British group Herman's Hermits had the hit with it in the US at the same time.

Goldie Zelkowitz later went by the name Genya Ravan as the lead singer for Ten Wheel Drive in the 1970s.

Last edited:
Fanny - Hey Bulldog (1972)
... I had this record... think it got drowned in Katrina...

Macyn Taylor plays Luttrell by Tommy Emmanuel

Now that's nice. :clap2: I've got that same mic. Maybe I need to give it another chance on the guitar.
I mean it can't be the guitarist... :eusa_shifty:

Like her Robert Johnson stuff in the sublink too, although she needs to smoke a couple of packs of Camels and down a few shots of whisky to get the voice happening...

Janis Ball and Chain

What a loss that was. She was so special. Same with Hendrix

Didn't like it when started screeching like a banshee.

You aren't a good judge of talent. At all. Nobody in today's society can repeat that performance. She was in a whole another universe way above ours dude.

He's jealous.
As noted at the start of this thread -- it's all about attitude.

Last edited:

Janis Ball and Chain

What a loss that was. She was so special. Same with Hendrix

Didn't like it when started screeching like a banshee.

You aren't a good judge of talent. At all. Nobody in today's society can repeat that performance. She was in a whole another universe way above ours dude.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. Dude.

Why do you have to deify celebrity? "Whole other universe above ours." Duh.

Forum List

Back