Womens With Chops

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Overdue theme to give the deserving ladies their due... women who know their way around the music and have absolutely no problem expressing it...

Everything changes at 1:09... despite the vacuous smile they force on everybody damn, she knows what she's doing...

Jo Ann Castle Sheik of Araby

I've been in awe of this girl since she was 14...

Dominique Dupuis Triskel

Sheila Chandra -- live with vocal percussion

"Spoken bols" represent the sound of the tabla, which in the tradition you have to learn to sing fluently before you even get to touch the drum...

With instruments... Raqs

Her tone is a bit harsh to me but the chops...en fuego!

You can't do it. I can't do it...she can

Different player, same solo.

I'll be back in a minute. I'm going to the river and throw all 4 guitars, my amp and pedals in.

I'll be back in a minute. I'm going to the river and throw all 4 guitars, my amp and pedals in.

I know the feeling. Exactly my reaction when I first saw Dominique Dupuis (post 9).
(Which was in Lafayette btw)

Encore - fuller show with band -- can't explain the incessant colour filter changes but sonically it's there

I wish there were more Alison Brown videos available -- I like to describe her as "the banjo player Béla Fleck wishes he was". Nice nylon string soft tone...

I know the feeling. Exactly my reaction when I first saw Dominique Dupuis (post 9).
(Which was in Lafayette btw)

Encore - fuller show with band -- can't explain the incessant colour filter changes but sonically it's there

Thanks!
I'm watching the video now.

I love turning people on to stuff they missed. Put a CD together this week of Jo Ann Castle videos together for a co-worker who doesn't have enough internet to do YouTube. This was one of them.

Just watch the left hand at 1:07.... I mean holy shit...:ack-1: the drummer can't even keep up...

This ain't "ragtime" despite the shallow definitions of the time....

Last edited:
Tal Wilkenfield (bs) with Jeff Beck --- solo about 1:33....

She's uh, 19 years old...
shakehead.gif

Forum List

Back