Women's soccer team loses millions of dollars, and still make more than men...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The truth.....

U.S. Soccer Releases ‘Fact Sheet’ Showing Women’s Team Actually LOST Millions Yet Was Still Paid More Than Men’s Team

A shocking claim included in the USSF fact sheet are statistics showing the women’s team has actually lost USSF money:

From 2009 through 2019—a timeframe that includes two Women’s World Cup championships—the Women’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $101.3 million over 238 games, for an average of $425,446 per game, and the Men’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $185.7 million over 191 games, for an average of $972,147 per game. More specifically, WNT games have generated a net profit (ticket revenues minus event expenses) in only two years (2016 and 2017).Across the entire 11-year period, WNT games generated a net loss of $27.5 million. Nevertheless, U.S. Soccer does not view these as losses, but rather as an important investment in our Women’s National Team and in the long-term growth of women’s soccer.

He said the analysis was “reviewed by an independent accounting firm.” The analysis showed that the women’s team was paid more than the men’s team.

The fact sheet includes bulleted information about the different pay structures for the men’s and women’s teams. USSF claimed that it paid "women $34.1 million in salaries and game bonuses and we paid our men $26.4 million—not counting the significant additional value of various benefits that our women’s players receive but which our men do not.”

For example, the women’s team has a guaranteed salary thanks to their collective bargaining agreement with USSF. They receive a base salary of $100,000 each year and an additional salary of $67,500 to $72,500 for playing in the National Women’s Soccer League. Male soccer players do not have such an agreement.

That agreement means women soccer players earn a guaranteed salary of $167,500 to $172,500 each year. On top of that, they are paid bonuses. The men’s team only earns bonuses. Yes, those bonuses can be larger, but that’s because they don’t have the guaranteed base salary. The women’s team, according to USSF, also receives benefits including a 401(k) plan and health insurance, as well as maternity leave and injury protection. The men’s team does not receive any benefits.

Same madness over here. Maybe worse?

Just up the road from me there's a sports arena that's been there as long as I can remember. Suddenly one-day construction workers showed up to prepare the start of converting the place into "Women's Only" Sports centre. "International Women's Sports" something or other. Note that there are no Men Only sports anything in town or anywhere else that I am aware of. Anyway, a lot of money was spent in preparing the thing and then it stopped dead in its' tracks and stood still for a year or more. Then one day all of the preparations were removed. They decided to build the thing "from scratch" near the harbour instead. That never was competed either and I haven't heard a word since. But hey! They sure got to spend a whole lot of my tax money!

EDIT: Found this article from 2013 claiming that the first attempt was given up and the next one (near the harbour) was going to be a real doozy! As I said that one was never built either. Sorry, it's only in Swedish but you get the idea. FOR WOMEN ONLY! Jesus Christ!

World Village of Women Sports läggs ned

Last edited:
Entitled women who use feminism to demand special treatment.

Forum List

Back