Women wanting to be equal with Men.

Why haven't they ever complained about changing their last when marrying. You'd think they'd be wanting that to change.

What?

In a dork chapter of my life I was into comparing numerology, astrology and last names. I had read somewhere that when you take on a man's last name then you also accept those issues that are family related. Years go on and I'm done with all that. I had forgotten about it right up until the time I got married. I remember standing there and it hit me from out of nowhere. I decided I was going to have a hyphenated name between me and all of that nonsense. Just in case.

Hell, I almost bolted during the wedding. We were married by a relative, justice of the peace, and she was on one side and he was on the other and if I would have figured out a way around them then I might have done it. Middle of a snow storm, at night and in an area that I really didn't know. Yep, short white chic in heels and sequins running down the road.
How long were you hitched

People say it's embarrassing to the kids when they go to research their genealogy. If they have the Mom's last name and/or don't even know who their dad is.
That's what's wrong with the world today too much regard to "people say".

Why haven't they ever complained about changing their last when marrying. You'd think they'd be wanting that to change.

What?

In a dork chapter of my life I was into comparing numerology, astrology and last names. I had read somewhere that when you take on a man's last name then you also accept those issues that are family related. Years go on and I'm done with all that. I had forgotten about it right up until the time I got married. I remember standing there and it hit me from out of nowhere. I decided I was going to have a hyphenated name between me and all of that nonsense. Just in case.

Hell, I almost bolted during the wedding. We were married by a relative, justice of the peace, and she was on one side and he was on the other and if I would have figured out a way around them then I might have done it. Middle of a snow storm, at night and in an area that I really didn't know. Yep, short white chic in heels and sequins running down the road.

We were officially divorced August 18, 2005.

What?

No the question was how long were you hitched.lol

What?

Officially five years. I left 3 years into it.

What?

The honeymoon should last longer than that.lol

What?

The honeymoon should last longer than that.lol

Life happens when you're making other plans.

He can boss me while he's here, but since he'll be gone to work most of the day, I can do whatever the fuck I want... who wouldn't want that?
Does he pat you on the head when he gets home?

No. He'll usually spot the one thing I didn't do or did wrong and rail me about that....

I'm sorry to hear that. If he is going to mention what you didn't do or did wrong, he should be giving praise for the things you did and did right. And I would imagine he doesn't come home and tell you all about his own mistakes.

He can boss me while he's here, but since he'll be gone to work most of the day, I can do whatever the fuck I want... who wouldn't want that?
Does he pat you on the head when he gets home?

No. He'll usually spot the one thing I didn't do or did wrong and rail me about that....

I'm sorry to hear that. If he is going to mention what you didn't do or did wrong, he should be giving praise for the things you did and did right. And I would imagine he doesn't come home and tell you all about his own mistakes.

My husband is a piece of work! I thought I was tough when I met him, but he's made me a lot stronger!

Forum List

Back