Woman Takes Husband’s Guns, Turns Them In – What She Didn’t Expect Was The Police’s Reaction

In court if she proves that she felt her life was in danger I reckon the charges get dropped
But there is a legal (Red Flag) process here in Florida to address the concerned.

She didn't follow the law.

Instead, she committed a crime.

Her stupidity was taking the firearms to the police. She should have just thrown them in one of the many lakes in Polk County. The gators would have guarded them for her.

I suspect she won't spend much, if any, time in jail but she will have to take a plea agreement, be a convicted felon and be on probation for a few years.

Hosers (and dems) really don't get the humor of the situation.
Aside from her taking the guns, which if we look at it technically, was illegal...what do you find humorous?....Domestic violence?
I sincerely hope not. Old saying, "Desperate times, call for"...well, you know...

But there is a legal (Red Flag) process here in Florida to address the concerned.

She didn't follow the law.

Instead, she committed a crime.

Her stupidity was taking the firearms to the police. She should have just thrown them in one of the many lakes in Polk County. The gators would have guarded them for her.

I suspect she won't spend much, if any, time in jail but she will have to take a plea agreement, be a convicted felon and be on probation for a few years.
Hold up there Flash!

The problem isn't and wasn't the guns, for dog's sake.
The problem as 1relluc intended to point out is the America couple that were involved with those guns.

Aside from her taking the guns, which if we look at it technically, was illegal...what do you find humorous?....Domestic violence?
I sincerely hope not. Old saying, "Desperate times, call for"...well, you know...
No doubt, this one turned out to be a 'foot shooter'.

Hold up there Flash!

The problem isn't and wasn't the guns, for dog's sake.
The problem as 1relluc intended to point out is the America couple that were involved with those guns.

It is legal to own firearms in Polk County, Florida. I know, I live there.

That is a good thing.

It is illegal to steal firearms. That is also a good thing.

It is stupid as hell to admit to the police that you were a firearm thief.

There is a mechanism to address potential domestic threats. It is called the Red Flag laws. All she had to do was petition a judge. The fact that the husband had shown violence toward the stupid bitch by ramming into her car would have probably been enough to grant the petition.

Instead she decided to be a common thief. No wonder the guy was pissed at the bitch. Never stick it in the Crazies.

Apparently she's still alive, being the first consideration. She acted illegally because she believed that her life was endangered.

Therefore, it's reasonable to suggest that she succeeded in being put in a safe place for 6 days.

And as well, she's placed the onus on the police and great responsibility on police to ensure that she's not harmed by her husband.

Keep us all informed if this ends up in another murder by an angered husband who then turns the gun on himself.

You would do that for us wouldn't you?

This space.......................... for a cowboy in a white chair that's placed appropriately to make his narrow shoulders look broader.
If you are able to claim you fear for your life to kill someone, why can't you take their guns for the same fear? He already tried to kill her when he hit her with his car.

If you are able to claim you fear for your life to kill someone, why can't you take their guns for the same fear? He already tried to kill her when he hit her with his car.
Sure hon, and it brings home the point again that it's not the guns that are the problem.

Where the fk are 2Aguy and 14Shooter when the discussion favours their dogma so well?

It wasn’t”technically illegal”, it was burglary. It’s funny because she was hoist by her own petard. I would have loved to see her face when they mirandized her.

While I am totally against gun control and red flag laws, there is a huge problem with charging her.
Since she did not keep or sell the guns, but instead took them right to the police, then she was not harming anyone.
If the police give the guns back right away, there is no harm done.
And you can only charge people with a crime when harm is done, rights are violated, and a deterrent is needed to prevent future repetition.
But this appears to have been done in self defense, and without any criminal intent.

While I am totally against gun control and red flag laws, there is a huge problem with charging her.
Since she did not keep or sell the guns, but instead took them right to the police, then she was not harming anyone.
If the police give the guns back right away, there is no harm done.
And you can only charge people with a crime when harm is done, rights are violated, and a deterrent is needed to prevent future repetition.
But this appears to have been done in self defense, and without any criminal intent.

Breaking and entering, burglary, grand theft.

I find her lame excuse unconvincing. She deserves to go to prison for a long time. I have no sympathy at all for the thieving bitch.

Forum List

Back