Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - where has he been born?

Mozart was born in ....

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - where has he been born?

In other words: Was Mozart a German or an Austrian?

That is an old controvery.

And there may be several correct answers - and one or two incorrect answers. :)

I have now clicked on a lot of answers, but not on these two:
  • Austria​

• Austria-Hungary​

He was of course English . Like Hitler , who just visited , Mozzie was born in Liverpool very close to where the Cavern was later . Paul even looked like him .

So far Salzburg has only got one vote - my vote. :)
Please do not forget to click for Salzburg, if that is your answer. :)
This thread has a poll attached to it. :)

Btw:

Many answers may be the right answer.
So you can click onto more than just one answer. :)

What Wiki says ...

The two main labels that have been used to describe the nationality of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart are "Austrian" and "German".[1] However, in Mozart's own life, those terms were used differently from the way they are used today, because the modern nation states of Austria and Germany did not yet exist.[2] Any decision to label Mozart as "Austrian" or "German" (or neither) involves political boundaries, history, language, culture, and Mozart's own views. Editors of modern encyclopedias and other reference sources differ in how they assign a nationality to Mozart (if any) in light of conflicting criteria.

See Liverpool , England is leading . Mozart , or Willy, as his shipbuilder father called him was a wizard footballer when very young , as you might guess when listening to his Golden Boot symphony . But after he signed to play in Germany he began to learn the fiddle and he lost the chance to go back home and play at Anfield .Very sad as he admitted after writing the Symphony ofTears in C Sharp Major .

Now let's ask Mozart personally: "Hello, Wolfgang! Are you German, or not?"

Mozart [....] apparently felt a sense of national or ethnic pride in being German. The following passage, from a letter to his father Leopold, attests to this:

... I believe I am capable of bringing honor to any court—and if Germany, my beloved Fatherland, of which, as you know, I am proud, will not take me up—well, let France or England, in God's name become the richer by another talented German—

I think those who say: "Mozart was NOT German" - will have a problem now.

Total voters: 2 :(

Is Mozart not known in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave? :(

Forum List

Back