Woke California k-12 educators agree that correcting a child’s pronunciation of the word “ask” is “white racial superiority”

After consideration, I'm going to say that in this case, the woke are the proverbial stopped clock. I didn't watch the video, so I don't know if I agree with the reasoning of those particular ones. I'll give my opinion about the topic and then watch it.

I have several pet peeves about language use, with "would of," instead of "would have," and "based off," instead of "based on," currently tied for first place. We all have such peeves. Since "axe you a question," is an error almost exclusive to one race, we should think carefully about making that our pet peeve.

To the child, that is not even an error, it is the English language as they learned at home. The teacher says "ask," because that is what the teacher learned at home, not because of the teacher's superior education. It's a pronunciation difference, which is entirely cultural. A kid who grew up in a redneck home will likely drop his g's in words like "cooking," and "sitting." They may pronounce sitting as "setn."

Yes, saying "axe" during a job interview will reduce the person's chances to be hired. Being named Jamal, or LaWanda, will also hinder those chances, but we don't change a kid's name at school. Black kids need wise black adults to teach them about the hazards of being black in a white world. A black person can tell a black child the truth about how to do well in a job interview: dress and act white. Especially if the interviewer is black, because they got into management by dressing and acting white.

Black kids don't need to be grinched at by white women for talking like their mom and dad talk.

Plus, I have a life skills teacher at my school who has bounced back and forth between being a nurse and a teacher. She is highly educated and has mastered two professions. She says "axe" because that how she learned the word from her parents. She is a great role model for our black students.
THIS ^^^ reeks of racism.

Forum List

Back