Without involvement, there can be no leverage - or why the GOP fails at foreign policy

R

rdean

It's not just about Cuba. Watching conservatives talk about Cuba, they want to do nothing until the Castro's die. They don't seem to understand that by then, it will be too late. If we don't get involved now, then we will have no leverage when Cuba chooses new leadership. Republicans think bullying is enough. We see it throughout their failed foreign policies again and again.

And for the GOP to say they want democracy when they practice voter suppression here is laughable.

It's for these reasons, Republicans should not be involved in US foreign policy. The country, or even the world can't take any more disastrous GOP policies. They have already destabilized the entire Middle East by knowing nothing about those people and invading. Instead of any introspection, they believe the people of Iraq are "ungrateful". And Bush was wrong. Putin has no soul.

And Bush was wrong. Putin has no soul.

Silly Bush. Hillary did a much better job.

button_clinton_030609.jpg

Oops.

It's not just about Cuba. Watching conservatives talk about Cuba, they want to do nothing until the Castro's die. They don't seem to understand that by then, it will be too late. If we don't get involved now, then we will have no leverage when Cuba chooses new leadership. Republicans think bullying is enough. We see it throughout their failed foreign policies again and again.

And for the GOP to say they want democracy when they practice voter suppression here is laughable.

It's for these reasons, Republicans should not be involved in US foreign policy. The country, or even the world can't take any more disastrous GOP policies. They have already destabilized the entire Middle East by knowing nothing about those people and invading. Instead of any introspection, they believe the people of Iraq are "ungrateful". And Bush was wrong. Putin has no soul.

You are under that belief that Americans stopped dying when Republicans left office. That is what the media wants you to believe. There is a homeless guy that drifts through my neighborhood every few summers, he knew of several men that died. They were never included in the numbers. Even today, the private contractors that get killed in Bagdad aren't included in the numbers, they just hire more on taxpayers dime.

"Official Pentagon numbers recognize only some of the war dead, however. Uncounted are the many troops who return home and kill themselves as a result of war wounds such as PTSD. The military does not report suicides among non-active duty reservists, and the Department of Veterans Affairs still does not report suicides among all veterans, resulting in dramatic underreporting of the scale of the problem.

While the mortally wounded US soldier is the “gold standard” of war deaths for many Americans, the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan have produced fatalities among large and unrecognized numbers of private contract workers. In April 2014, the over 61,000 contractors in Afghanistan outnumbered the uniformed US troops there. [1] While contractors have been killed in large numbers, a full and accurate accounting has not yet been done by the Pentagon. An estimated 6,800 contractors working for the US have been killed in the two war zones; the true number is likely much larger. This is the consequence of the fact that the majority of US contractors are the citizens of other countries, many of whom appear not to have had their deaths or injuries reported. (Page updated as of May 2014)"

US Killed Costs of War

So your contention is a laugh. Democrats better at foreign policy?

This coming from the democratic administrative folks that brought us Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I think the Globalist Democrats are just as bad. Their meddling in the middle east and Afghanistan being a prime example. It's become patently clear they are funding both sides of these conflicts, and now they are sending in American troops.

So we give aid to the Saudi's, Iraqi's and our ME allies, the Saudi's and our ME allies give aid to ISIS, and ISIS gets paid to kill and maim our soldiers. Great plan. Who benefits? The war profiteers, the big banks, the munition manufacturers, the CFR and the policy wonks get to re-draw the map for resource and ethnic reasons.

No thanks. Both Democrats and Republicans are wholly owned subsidiaries of the globalists and don't really give two shits about the American tax payer except around the few months right before election time. (As evidenced by that recently passed Omnibus bill.)

No, both Republicans AND Democrats shouldn't be allowed to do anything at all about the foreign policy comings and goings of Cuba. We should treat Cuba just like we treat Russia, China, or Vietnam.

Oops.
Everyone does a better job than Bush. At least Hillary didn't see a soul where there was none. How could anyone be that bad at judging character?

You are under that belief that Americans stopped dying when Republicans left office. That is what the media wants you to believe. There is a homeless guy that drifts through my neighborhood every few summers, he knew of several men that died. They were never included in the numbers. Even today, the private contractors that get killed in Bagdad aren't included in the numbers, they just hire more on taxpayers dime.

"Official Pentagon numbers recognize only some of the war dead, however. Uncounted are the many troops who return home and kill themselves as a result of war wounds such as PTSD. The military does not report suicides among non-active duty reservists, and the Department of Veterans Affairs still does not report suicides among all veterans, resulting in dramatic underreporting of the scale of the problem.

While the mortally wounded US soldier is the “gold standard” of war deaths for many Americans, the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan have produced fatalities among large and unrecognized numbers of private contract workers. In April 2014, the over 61,000 contractors in Afghanistan outnumbered the uniformed US troops there. [1] While contractors have been killed in large numbers, a full and accurate accounting has not yet been done by the Pentagon. An estimated 6,800 contractors working for the US have been killed in the two war zones; the true number is likely much larger. This is the consequence of the fact that the majority of US contractors are the citizens of other countries, many of whom appear not to have had their deaths or injuries reported. (Page updated as of May 2014)"

US Killed Costs of War

So your contention is a laugh. Democrats better at foreign policy?

This coming from the democratic administrative folks that brought us Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I think the Globalist Democrats are just as bad. Their meddling in the middle east and Afghanistan being a prime example. It's become patently clear they are funding both sides of these conflicts, and now they are sending in American troops.

So we give aid to the Saudi's, Iraqi's and our ME allies, the Saudi's and our ME allies give aid to ISIS, and ISIS gets paid to kill and maim our soldiers. Great plan. Who benefits? The war profiteers, the big banks, the munition manufacturers, the CFR and the policy wonks get to re-draw the map for resource and ethnic reasons.

No thanks. Both Democrats and Republicans are wholly owned subsidiaries of the globalists and don't really give two shits about the American tax payer except around the few months right before election time. (As evidenced by that recently passed Omnibus bill.)

No, both Republicans AND Democrats shouldn't be allowed to do anything at all about the foreign policy comings and goings of Cuba. We should treat Cuba just like we treat Russia, China, or Vietnam.
Not sure what your point it. Operation Northwoods was rejected. Because it was based on lies and contrived situations. Kind of like what Republicans did with Fast and Furious and Benghazi.

Oops.
Everyone does a better job than Bush. At least Hillary didn't see a soul where there was none. How could anyone be that bad at judging character?

Funny,I dont remember putin being a problem when Bush was in office.
I guess putin has no problem when it comes to judging the character of our presidents. Appears he found our current one lacking....

Oops.

Funny,I dont remember putin being a problem when Bush was in office.
I guess putin has no problem when it comes to judging the character of our presidents. Appears he found our current one lacking....
Lacking a spine and smarts.

Yeah ....because obama has done such a fine job in the middle east we know he wont fuck up cuba.
Rderp strikes again.
When Bush took office, the Middle East was radical, but compared to today, it was more or less stable.

Then the Supreme Court put George Bush into the White House. Then what happened? What did Republicans give to Obama?
Foreign policy
Domestic policy
Deficit
Foreign policy
Health care costs
Is there anything the GOP didn't turn into a disaster? Can you name something good the GOP left Obama?

Yeah ....because obama has done such a fine job in the middle east we know he wont fuck up cuba.
Rderp strikes again.
When Bush took office, the Middle East was radical, but compared to today, it was more or less stable.

Then the Supreme Court put George Bush into the White House. Then what happened? What did Republicans give to Obama?
Foreign policy
Domestic policy
Deficit
Foreign policy
Health care costs
Is there anything the GOP didn't turn into a disaster? Can you name something good the GOP left Obama?

Kind of early to be drinking ....

Oops.

Everyone does a better job than Bush.

The Ukrainians might disagree. Not to mention the victims of ISIS.

How could anyone be that bad at judging character?

LOL!

Oops.

LOL!

You know Putin invaded Georgia and Bush sent them a box of bandages.
I'm suspecting Putin felt empowered after Bush did nothing after Georgia.

Just a couple of simple questions:

Guess they are simply too hard to answer.

Oops.

LOL!

I'm sure Obama must have been pushing for us to aid Georgia, militarily.....

Just push that reset button, be "flexible". Everything will be better. LOL!

Oops.

LOL!

You know Obama wasn't president, right?

Oops.

LOL!

You know he was a candidate, right?
And a US Senator, right?

LOL!

You know he was a candidate, right?
And a US Senator, right?

And what does that have to do with Putin invading Georgia?

Forum List

Back