with summer here, some reminders of the dangers of DEET

blu

Sep 21, 2009
if you use anti-mosquito and other bug spray please remember the dangers of long term DEET exposure and safety precautions when using DEET.

The Insect Repellent DEET | Pesticides | US EPA
DEET - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How to use DEET products safely

Consumers can reduce their own risks when using DEET by reading and following products labels. All DEET product labels include the following directions:

* Read and follow all directions and precautions on this product label.
* Do not apply over cuts, wounds, or irritated skin.
* Do not apply to hands or near eyes and mouth of young children.
* Do not allow young children to apply this product.
* Use just enough repellent to cover exposed skin and/or clothing.
* Do not use under clothing.
* Avoid over-application of this product.
* After returning indoors, wash treated skin with soap and water.
* Wash treated clothing before wearing it again.
* Use of this product may cause skin reactions in rare cases. The following additional statements will appear on the labels of all aerosol and pump spray formulation labels:
* Do not spray in enclosed areas.
* To apply to face, spray on hands first and then rub on face. Do not spray directly onto face.

wow, i fail at all of those...

I use deet because I am allergic to black flies....and tis the season for them....it should end early july.

If I do not spray under the clothes as well as the clothes, those mean SOB'S will find me and bite me, anyway they can...even flying under my shirt to get to skin, or my cheeks on my face....

I still manage to get bit, even with all of my black fly armor on! They love me! :eek:

I use deet because I am allergic to black flies....and tis the season for them....it should end early july.

If I do not spray under the clothes as well as the clothes, those mean SOB'S will find me and bite me, anyway they can...even flying under my shirt to get to skin, or my cheeks on my face....

I still manage to get bit, even with all of my black fly armor on! They love me! :eek:

:(

maybe you could at least shower and wash your clothes after coming inside so that it doesn't stay? you could also try this brand new product that doesn't require you to spray it on:

Clip-On Mosquito Repellent by OFF!

if that works it would keep you from having to spray yourself

maybe you could at least shower and wash your clothes after coming inside so that it doesn't stay? you could also try this brand new product that doesn't require you to spray it on:

well, ok, I do wash the clothes and me.....after hours of wearing it...

i have 1 month a year that i have to saturate myself with it...

the off clip ons or ankle band does not work....

i can buy a bee hat/mesh mask and double layer of clothes i suppose....to avoid the deet, but then i got the heat to worry about...

well, ok, I do wash the clothes and me.....after hours of wearing it...

i have 1 month a year that i have to saturate myself with it...

the off clip ons or ankle band does not work....

i can buy a bee hat/mesh mask and double layer of clothes i suppose....to avoid the deet, but then i got the heat to worry about...

meh. maybe you should talk to a doctor about it then. double clothes would really suck in the summer

Forum List

Back