With all due respect President Obama...

garyd

Dec 19, 2008
Oklahoma
We tried doing intelligence your way for nearly twenty years. What did we get to show for it? Khobar towers, two embassies, The USS Cole, God alone knows how many Americans kidnaped and brutalized over seas by terrorist and their allies, and finally WTC and the Pentagon blown up. The United Kingdom and Spain tried playing it your way and got trains and subways blown to hell.

Pardon me for being blunt but it shold be clear by now to even the worst of idiots that your way doesn't work worth a crap and further gets too many of the wrong people killed.

Something a little more proactive than name rank and jihad number seems to be in order.

Incidently Geneva doesn't apply to spies and saboteurs and that is precisely what Al queada operates as. Oh and if it is wrong to hold these people indefinitely (until the war ends and it isn't our fault that these morons seem inlcined to fight until either Christ or the 12th Imam or whatever the hell comes back) please tell me what the hell FDR was doing with all those German POWs (thousands of them I might add) Imprisoned until the War ended?

No we have to win if we win the hearts and minds will follow. This is one of those rare wars in which what we are fighting over is hearts and minds and the opportunity for those hearts and minds to make a decision without having to worry about some ass hat shoving an AK up his ass if the asshat doesn't like the decision.

No we have to win if we win the hearts and minds will follow. This is one of those rare wars in which what we are fighting over is hearts and minds and the opportunity for those hearts and minds to make a decision without having to worry about some ass hat shoving an AK up his ass if the asshat doesn't like the decision.

With so few minds these days all you need are the hearts now. :eusa_whistle:

There are two schools, the first is terrorism is a law enforcement matter. This is the postion of the majority of the left and is the postion of Obama, at least in speeches.

The second is terrorism equals war and should be handled by the military along with extreme measures in violation of civil liberties. This is the postion of the majority on the right and was the postion of Bush.

I agree with the second to a degree, I did not and do not agree with 'the patriot act' but leaving terrorism to the FBI and CIA doesn't work, as we have seen (9/11 is all the example needed).

Forum List

Back