With A Clean Prior Record At 69, Man Sentenced To Probation For Murder

Joshua Funches, 23, was walking his fox terrier puppy when Clements confronted him after the dog urinated on his manicured lawn.

After Funches cursed at him, Clements pulled out a .45-caliber handgun and put it back in his pocket. Soon after, Funches punched Clements once in the face. Clements said Funches was standing still when he pulled out his gun and fatally shot him.

So I'm watching Kelly's Court today and these facts were added. A. Clements had a history of verbally harassing the neighbors about his lawn. B. He followed Funches down the street and launched a second verbal assault. and C. brandishing a weapon is against the law even if you have a concealed weapons permit. So, I stick by my conclusion. Clements killed a 24 year old over a pissy peice of grass. I hope his feet rot off before he dies.

Hmm I have a perfectly clean record. So clean that it made the FBI curious when they did a background check on me. I do not even have any moving traffic violations. A couple of overdue library books and overtime parking tickets all paid promptly.

And I am an old fart, so no one better mess with me :)

seems more like homicide to me.

edit: and uscitizen, thats a shame. Usually the old people are supposed to be the wise ones, not the idiots. Times change I guess.

seems more like homicide to me.

edit: and uscitizen, thats a shame. Usually the old people are supposed to be the wise ones, not the idiots. Times change I guess.

What is a shame? that I have a perfect record? Or that no one better mess with me?

Joshua Funches, 23, was walking his fox terrier puppy when Clements confronted him after the dog urinated on his manicured lawn.

After Funches cursed at him, Clements pulled out a .45-caliber handgun and put it back in his pocket. Soon after, Funches punched Clements once in the face. Clements said Funches was standing still when he pulled out his gun and fatally shot him.

So I'm watching Kelly's Court today and these facts were added. A. Clements had a history of verbally harassing the neighbors about his lawn. B. He followed Funches down the street and launched a second verbal assault. and C. brandishing a weapon is against the law even if you have a concealed weapons permit. So, I stick by my conclusion. Clements killed a 24 year old over a pissy peice of grass. I hope his feet rot off before he dies.

I don't defend what he did - but I would like to point out, that (1) Funches was in the wrong to begin with by allowing his dog to urinate on Clements' lawn, (2) Clements was well within his rights to say something to Funches about what Funches had allowed his dog to to on Clemnts' lawn and (3) when he did so, Funches cursed Clements out.

There is something wrong with that, somewhere. Some guy allows his dog to piss on my lawn. I have the audacity to suggest that, perhaps, the guy should not allow his dog to do that and then I get cursed out by the guy?

Sadly, we see WAY too much of this today - someone cuts in front of you, you honk your horn and YOU get the finger. Kind of makes you mad, doesn't it? Sure as hell should. In more normal times, when someone stepped on your toes, you let him know you don't appreciate it and that would be the end of it. Hell, the guy would even apologize, most of the time.

Those days are gone forever. Now, the assholes are running the world, it would seem.

He should have gotten 15 to life or the death penalty same as anyone else based on what state he resides in. :doubt:
The judicial system in Cook county Illinois is a sham. This man should have been sentenced to at least 4 years, regardless of his clean record. If some how an untimely death befalls this man, I would not be surprised.

Forum List

Back