Wisdom is better than gold, Understanding to be chosen than silver

Wicked Rulers

Proverbs 28: 15 - 28

Like a roaring lion or a charging bear,
is a wicked man ruling over a helpless people.

A tyrannical ruler lacks judgment,
but he who hates ill - gotten gain
will enjoy a long life.

A man tormented by the guilt of murder,
will be a fugitive till death,
let no one support him.

He whose walk is blameless is kept safe,
but he whose ways are perverse will suddenly fall.

He who works his land will have abundant food,
but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty.

a faithful man will be richly blessed,
but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.

To show partiality is not good -
yet a man will do wrong for a piece of bread.

A stingy man is eager to get rich
and is unaware that poverty waits for him.

He who rebukes a man will in the end gain more favor,
than he who has a flattering tongue.

He who robs his father or mother and says, "It's not wrong -
he is a partner to him who destroys.

A greedy man stirs up dissension, but he who trusts in the LORD will prosper.

He who trusts in himself is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom
is kept safe.

He who gives to the poor will lack nothing,
but he who closes his eyes to them recieves many curses.

When the wicked rise to power,
people go into hiding,
but when the wicked perish,
the righteous thrive.

Proverbs 29 : 1 - 10

A man who remains stiff necked after many rebukes
will suddenly be destroyed - without remedy.

When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice,
when the wicked rule, the people groan.

A man who loves wisdom brings joy to his fathers house,
but a companion of prostitutes squanders his wealth.

By justice a king gives his country stability,
but one who is greedy for bribes tears it down.

Whoever flatters his neighbor,
is spreading a net for his feet.

An evil man is ensnared by his own sin,
but a righteous one can sing and be glad.

The righteous care about the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

Mockers stir up a city,
but wise men turn away anger.

If a wise man goes to court with a fool,
the fool rages and scoffs and there is no peace.

Bloodthirsty men hate a man of integrity,
and seek to kill the upright.

A fool uttereth all his mind, but a wise man keepeth it in til afterwards.
If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants are wicked.

The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both their eyes.

The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be established for ever.

The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.

When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increaseth: but the righteous shall see their fall.

-Proverbs 29: 11-16

Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul.

Where there is no vision, the people perish; but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

A servant will not be corrected by words; for though he understand he will not answer.

Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become his son at the length.

An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.

A man's pride shall bring him low; but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Whoso partner with a thief hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and bewrayeth it not.

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whose putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Many see the ruler's favour: but every man's judgment cometh from the LORD.

An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.

-Proverbs 29:17-27

Proverbs 16: 16 How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!

Great example of how they use religion to control the masses. Don't worry about $ we have something better for you. Eternal life.

Eternal life is like offering someone a pension you know you'll never have to pay on.

The Words of A-gur the son of Ja'-keh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ith'-i-el, even unto Ith'-i-el and U'cal,

Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man.
I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.

Who hath up unto heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

-Proverbs 30: 1- 4

These scriptures are speaking of Jesus Christ - who is God and created the heavens and the earth. Isaiah speaks of Jesus Christ as being God in Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens: God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD, and there is none else. -Isaiah 45:18 and then there is John 1:1 - 5 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in the darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not. - John 1: 1 - 5 Jesus is God. Is there any other God? I know not any. Amen.

The Words of A-gur the son of Ja'-keh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ith'-i-el, even unto Ith'-i-el and U'cal,

Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man.
I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.

Who hath up unto heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

-Proverbs 30: 1- 4

These scriptures are speaking of Jesus Christ - who is God and created the heavens and the earth. Isaiah speaks of Jesus Christ as being God in Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens: God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD, and there is none else. -Isaiah 45:18 and then there is John 1:1 - 5 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in the darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not. - John 1: 1 - 5 Jesus is God. Is there any other God? I know not any. Amen.

See though we don't view it as "knowledge of the holy".

It's like saying you feel sorry for us because we don't get to feel your ignorant bliss.

It is written:

Every word of God is pure; he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Two things have I required of thee, deny me them not before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me. Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

- Proverbs 30: 5-9

It is written:

Accuse not a servant unto his master, lest he curse thee, and thou be found guilty.

There is a generation that curseth their father, and doth not bless their mother.

There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.

There is a generation whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth like knives, to devour the poor off the earth, and the needy from among men.

The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough:

The grave, and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

The eye that mocketh at his father and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.

- Proverbs 30: 10-17

Attempting to derail a thread - harrassing posts, personal attacks, etc. are against USMB rules, Sealybobo. Please read the USMB rules and respect this thread for others who are reading. Thanks. - Jeremiah

There are three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:

The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

For three things the earth is disquieted, and for four which it cannot bear: For a servant when he reigneth; and a fool when he is filled with meat.

For an odious woman when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress.

- Proverbs 30: 18-23

Attempting to derail a thread - harrassing posts, personal attacks, etc. are against USMB rules, Sealybobo. Please read the USMB rules and respect this thread for others who are reading. Thanks. - Jeremiah

I thought my comments were completely relevant but I'll stay out of this topic for you.

There are three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:

The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

For three things the earth is disquieted, and for four which it cannot bear: For a servant when he reigneth; and a fool when he is filled with meat.

For an odious woman when she is married; and an handmaid that is heir to her mistress.

This proves the bible was written entirely by men. No women got to give any input.

Sorry, had to do it.

This proves the bible was written entirely by men. No women got to give any input.

Sorry, had to do it.

The cultists, and their leaders
always condemn the non-believers.

Jesus didn't come to condemn unbelievers but to save them. Read the book of John on religion thread. You are talking about communists like Jim Jones who pretended to be Christians and were not... Christianity is true freedom, joy and rest - not like a cult where there is fear, intimidation and hatred driving it - Satanism is a cult - Wicca is a cult - that is choosing death - to choose Jesus Christ - Romans 10:9,10 is to choose LIFE.

Why let the vultures tear you in two? Repent and turn to Jesus Christ for your salvation.

Continuing to Proverbs 30: 24 today........

24 There be four things that which are little upon the earth, but they are exceedingly wise.

-Proverbs 30:24

25 The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer.
26 The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make their houses in the rocks.
27 The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands.
28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in the kings' palaces.

-Proverbs 30: 25-28

Make sure and link the Book of Psalms to the Proverbs book when you save to your favorites! Share it with your friends and let them read the Word of God too! It is King James Version except where noted New International Version all scripture is typed from King James Authorized Version Bible.

Forum List

Back