Wisconsin goes...

...smoke free in about a week. :mad:

They're fucking nuts. I can't *wait* to see the number of places that go out of business due to being forced to run their business the way someone else sees fit.

NZ and Oz are both smokefree....hardly any businesses went to the wall, they just adapted....

Yeah the rest of the country that has done this have seen massive closures.
Day care centers.
Rest homes.
Churches.
Hospitals.
etc.

People don't go to any of the above for fun and relaxation, you imbecile! They DO go to bars, restaurants, bowling alleys, amusement parks, and the like.

I agree with you...It's wrong that the state should be allowed to prohibit a business from allowing something that is legal.

IMO the solution is for each state to allow a certain number of smoking permits and let the market bear what it may.

...smoke free in about a week. :mad:

They're fucking nuts. I can't *wait* to see the number of places that go out of business due to being forced to run their business the way someone else sees fit.

NZ and Oz are both smokefree....hardly any businesses went to the wall, they just adapted....

Yeah, but you all aren't exactly known for great levels of fun. In fact, I'd say the lot of you can be compared to your average stick in the mud. :D

Yeah the rest of the country that has done this have seen massive closures.
Day care centers.
Rest homes.
Churches.
Hospitals.
etc.

People don't go to any of the above for fun and relaxation, you imbecile! They DO go to bars, restaurants, bowling alleys, amusement parks, and the like.

I agree with you...It's wrong that the state should be allowed to prohibit a business from allowing something that is legal.

IMO the solution is for each state to allow a certain number of smoking permits and let the market bear what it may.

correct Liquor stores should be allowed to open beside a church. Bars too.

There are plenty of other locations which allow for such discretion which is justified by the fact that such discretion is not prohibitive of their mere existence.

There are plenty of other locations which allow for such discretion which is justified by the fact that such discretion is not prohibitive of their mere existence.

Plenty of other places to smoke as well.

btw I am a smoker.

Mall of America 4th floor clubs all gone the day the ban went into effect. Only the Movie Theater is left there.

Fact: I've examined many studies by funded by anti-smoker groups. Every one completely ignored bowling alleys, pool halls, bingo parlors, and other businesses that are heavily impacted by bans.

Virtually all of the studies on economic impact have been conducted by anti-smoker groups, or governments justifying their laws. But in 2004 The Empire State Restaurant and Tavern Association funded a study that was conducted by Ridgewood Economic Associates. It concentrated on small, independent taverns. They found that bars and taverns in the state have lost about 2,000 jobs, $28.5 million in salary payments and $37 million in gross state product. The response of the anti-smoker groups was predictable: they claimed that The Empire State Restaurant and Tavern Association was a front for the tobacco industry. This is a blatant lie.

Studies on the Economic Effects of Smoking Bans - The Facts

Fact: I've examined many studies by funded by anti-smoker groups. Every one completely ignored bowling alleys, pool halls, bingo parlors, and other businesses that are heavily impacted by bans.

Virtually all of the studies on economic impact have been conducted by anti-smoker groups, or governments justifying their laws. But in 2004 The Empire State Restaurant and Tavern Association funded a study that was conducted by Ridgewood Economic Associates. It concentrated on small, independent taverns. They found that bars and taverns in the state have lost about 2,000 jobs, $28.5 million in salary payments and $37 million in gross state product. The response of the anti-smoker groups was predictable: they claimed that The Empire State Restaurant and Tavern Association was a front for the tobacco industry. This is a blatant lie.

The only time I loved a smoking ban was when I worked in hotels. Kept the potheads out when they heard it was a $200 cleaning fee for smoking in the room. And keeping potheads out decreases your damage to rooms and shitheadism down about 80%. The rest is wedding/party related.

The only time I loved a smoking ban was when I worked in hotels. Kept the potheads out when they heard it was a $200 cleaning fee for smoking in the room. And keeping potheads out decreases your damage to rooms and shitheadism down about 80%. The rest is wedding/party related.

I don't even mind non-smoking hotel rooms; in fact, I usually ask for one.. The smell is atrocious in cramped quarters.. That, and they generally have designated smoking areas outside; especially if you pop a bit more money, and get a suite with a balcony. Most people are in a hotel to sleep anyway...

Fuckwit Jim Doye's bragging about cleaning up Wisconsin.. Why doesn't he do something *relevant*, like...oh, I don't know... Put money in to the fucking bridge that collapsed, and killed a teenage kid about a week ago.. Maybe fix the fucking streets and freeways.. *scowl* Asshole.

Fuckwit Jim Doye's bragging about cleaning up Wisconsin..

Shitwit Jim Doyle couldn't clean a bathroom spotted a Guatamalan Maid and a truckload of supplies from Johnson & Johnson.

You can cut and paste that one to the "Clever Insults" thread in the flame zone if you like.

Forum List

Back