Tatoos as ID's?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Law enforcement is beginning to image tatoos on arrested people and use tatoo recognition software to do cross id searches and such.

I wonder if any tatooed people whine about using ID to vote?

A tatoo database....

I have a tattoo of elephants eyes just at the top of my pubes and elephants ears on both hips.

I look just like an elephant when I take my pants off.

My brother got himself busted for dui a few years ago. His biggest complaint wasn't the time he spent in jail. He still complains that his tattoo of Joey Ramone on his arm was called a "witch tattoo" and spent months getting it changed. His efforts were only partially successful as his "record" now says "witch tattoo claimed by subject to be a dead rock star".
He and the tattoo "artist" are the only ones that are not amused.......

Law enforcement is beginning to image tatoos on arrested people and use tatoo recognition software to do cross id searches and such.

I wonder if any tatooed people whine about using ID to vote?

A tatoo database....

The tattoo database was started at least 20 years ago. over the last 5 years with the proliferation of tattoos new imaging software and inter-agency, national database sharing programs it's become easier to utilize.

fantasy-island.jpg

They got this guy's number.

Great idea. After all, there are some who think all white people look alike.

Mu husband and I have been encouraging my son to pursue dermatology as a career. We suspect tattoo removal is going to be a BOOMING business in ten years from now.

I don't see it as a problem. I have a couple of tattoos. I got them because I like them and wanted them, but the fact that if something were to happen to me, they would make it easier to identify my body is a good thing, too. So, I see no reason why that couldn't/shouldn't translate over to identification if I were to get arrested. I think using it as a form of id in general could be a little more complicated, though, as tattoos can be rather common. I mean, I know 10 people right now with snake tattoos. So, I'm not sure it would work for voting or any other general identification, but in terms of body id after death or on an arrest record, I think it would be great.

Forum List

Back