Wisconsin Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke committed political suicide?

• Banned
Maybe the Wisconsin militias will defend her. With guns.

I'd think they'd use that tax evader as a target instead!

BSR8597-2.jpg

Here's the part that bothers me the most (from link provided by OP):

"The company also received an $875,000 loan funded by Wisconsin taxpayers, while Burke was serving as Secretary of Commerce for the state.

Trek used the loan to build a new facility, and $392,300 of that loan was forgiven, according to Bjorling."

Here's the part that bothers me the most (from link provided by OP):

"The company also received an $875,000 loan funded by Wisconsin taxpayers, while Burke was serving as Secretary of Commerce for the state.

Trek used the loan to build a new facility, and $392,300 of that loan was forgiven, according to Bjorling."
that bothers me as well, IF IT IS TRUE....especially with the conflict of interest if she was Sec of Commerce at the time..... that needs to be vetted...needs confirming...

But as far as Trek not paying taxes, this is because it is not set up that way....it is set up that the shareholders pay the taxes on the company's profits, at income tax rates....she paid $120,000 in taxes the previous year....and the other share holders in the S corp had hefty tax bills as well....so trek's profits are being taxed through each one of the share holders....right???

Politicians really have a hard time with that paying your taxes stuff.
As with 62% of ALL corporations in the USA, the ''companies'' do not and never will pay the taxes on their profits because the handful of share holders/owners do, when they receive the company's profits, via their own individual income taxes....she paid $120,000 in taxes for those profits that she received from her share in Trek just last year alone....

So, in her case.....she has paid taxes for the Trek business profit, and the handful of other family/owners in the company have done so as well for the Trek profit they received....

The Trek business is not avoiding paying taxes, they are just being paid at the ''owner'' level....

Forum List

Back