Wings in Ghost pepper sauce

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Omfg that shit was hot.
Went out today to watch the ball games & decided to be adventurous with my wings.
I usually order jalapeño/tequila lime & Jamaican sauce which are both great but different flavors.

Tonight when the Royals won I decided to do something equally rare and ordered the Ghost pepper sauce.
A couple of my buddies were sweating from every facial orifice afterwards. The wings actually came with a disclaimer attached to the order lol

Glad I tried em but I won't ever again.

I have had Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce on chicken fingers and that jazz is no joke hot. I absolutely love hot and spicy food, it helps that I have an iron gullet but it was almost too hot to be enjoyable. It is one of those things that it is more fun to say you've done but will never do again, like New Years Eve at Times Square. lol

Like peppers and spicy food too but unlike people who're masochistic and like to suffer (or make youtube videos of themselves getting kicked full power in the groin) I have no wish to deliberately injure myself. :)

Omfg that shit was hot.
Went out today to watch the ball games & decided to be adventurous with my wings.
I usually order jalapeño/tequila lime & Jamaican sauce which are both great but different flavors.

Tonight when the Royals won I decided to do something equally rare and ordered the Ghost pepper sauce.
A couple of my buddies were sweating from every facial orifice afterwards. The wings actually came with a disclaimer attached to the order lol

Glad I tried em but I won't ever again.
I have my own Ghost pepper story, or it may have been a scorpion pepper story. My roomates aren't quite sure.

Of course they had them growing along side our tomatoes this year.

They made salsa with them, including warning signs on the container they put it in. "danger", "extremely hot", etc.....

On my fajita, I got a heaping teaspoon of the salsa, and spread a thin line along the filling and found too much still in the spoon at the end, so I dumped a heap at one end.

I got through most of the tasty thing, and when I took the last bite, I felt this stinging pain on the lower left side of my jaw, that shot back up my jaw bone and into my ear. The left side of my tounge, face, and ear started to go numb, and throb. As the last bite carved it's way down my wind pipe, I could tell where it was all the way down my gut.

You don't want to hear about the next day. But what I can tell you is that my morning constitutional had similarities to the movie "The Exorcist"

Never again...

At some point, hot peppers are analogous to Phoenix in the summer time. After it gets above 110 degrees, it doesn't matter if it's 120, or 125...it's just unbearable, and unsafe in many cases

"Ghost Pepper" That just SOUNDS too scary to eat! My wife might like it though.

Hottest spice I ever ate was a Thai Chilli. It was just a little sliver like a caraway seed but when I chomped down on it it felt like a blow torch in my mouth!

Forum List

Back