Windows 11 has arrived!

A few days ago I received noticed of Window 11 and ran the computer check provided to see whether my desktop can run this new windows version. It determined that my desktop purchased in January 2017 is too old and so I will be sticking with Windows 10 that I've been satisfied with.

It is absurd, It really is.
There is simply no reason why a computer that is IDLE - mind you - IDLE... is consuming over 4 Gig of memory. It is crazy,
If you run task manager in Win 10 - you can see there are literally over 100 mini programs running... when the computer is IDLE.
Windows assigns these little apps memory, whether they are running or not. It is set aside for them so you can't use that memory.
Microsoft has way more control of your computer than you do. On average Win 10 consumes and sets aside about 4 GB of memory.
You have an 8GB computer - half your memory is not yours.
Macintosh uses a little over 1 GB in IDLE
Linux? - about 150 MB.
What the fuck all reason does Microsoft need 4GB of your memory when your computer is doing nothing???!!!

There is simply no reason why a computer that is IDLE - mind you - IDLE... is consuming over 4 Gig of memory. It is crazy,
If you run task manager in Win 10 - you can see there are literally over 100 mini programs running... when the computer is IDLE.
Windows assigns these little apps memory, whether they are running or not. It is set aside for them so you can't use that memory.
Microsoft has way more control of your computer than you do. On average Win 10 consumes and sets aside about 4 GB of memory.
Linux? - about 150 MB.
What the fuck all reason does Microsoft need 4GB of your memory when your computer is doing nothing???!!!
Mine is just at 1,8 GB. It looks like the more memory you have the more Windows will reserve.

Mine is just at 1,8 GB. It looks like the more memory you have the more Windows will reserve.
Correct, or more memory they set aside for themselves doing who knows what.
I just now looked at a Windows 2003 Server we have at work... deducting the application it runs, Windows is only using 812MB.
Believe it or not we still have one XP machine and it is using 300MB

Correct, or more memory they set aside for themselves doing who knows what.
I just now looked at a Windows 2003 Server we have at work... deducting the application it runs, Windows is only using 812MB.
Believe it or not we still have one XP machine and it is using 300MB
Sure, the old OS use less resources. You can see in the Resource Monitor more detailed what process uses how much memory.

Sure, the old OS use less resources. You can see in the Resource Monitor more detailed what process uses how much memory.
To an extent of course.
But on a day to day basis, people don't really do much more with their home computers then than they do now... in fact less. Probably a lot less. People use their phones for everything.
And that is my point. A Linux computer today uses more memory, but only 25% or more than 10 years ago. You will never convince me Win 10 needs 5 times the memory of a 10 year old OS
For what?
It's funny... the XP computer I mentioned... it has a copy of WinZip from the 1990s. And it will unzip any zip file today. 25 year old program. It also has Adobe Reader X from 2011. Opens any PDF without problems. 10 year old program. It has Office 2010, opens any word/excel file. 11 years old.
You can see my point

Windows-XP.jpg

WinXP was THE BEST, the easiest, the most user friendly, and easiest to navigate Windows version there was.
WHY did they have to keep fucking with it once they got it perfected??

I've got a Win10 desktop, and it's FUUUUUUUUUCKED UP!!!! SO EXTREMELY USER UNFRIENDLY!!!!

Can't find anything, can't navigate it, nothing is where it's supposed to be, most of the tools and features I am used to don't even exist anymore or have been made as ONE specific derp........meaning what I, as the administrator could change, does not allow any changes any longer!

Win10 is a heinous POS. I can only imagine the migraines and horrors Win11 will unleash on the world!!

Windows-XP.jpg

WinXP was THE BEST, the easiest, the most user friendly, and easiest to navigate Windows version there was.
WHY did they have to keep fucking with it once they got it perfected??

I've got a Win10 desktop, and it's FUUUUUUUUUCKED UP!!!! SO EXTREMELY USER UNFRIENDLY!!!!

Can't find anything, can't navigate it, nothing is where it's supposed to be, most of the tools and features I am used to don't even exist anymore or have been made as ONE specific derp........meaning what I, as the administrator could change, does not allow any changes any longer!

Win10 is a heinous POS. I can only imagine the migraines and horrors Win11 will unleash on the world!!

Microsoft made Win 10 in order to be able to sell your information to advertisers and others. PERIOD.
There is no argument,

I have Windows 11 installed on my laptop but my main workstation will have some issues with it since I didn't install TPS.
On either my workstation or my laptop, it is difficult to say just how much resources it takes up since I run rather large SQL databases on both. But they are both beefy machines. Laptop has 64 GB of ram and my workstation has 128 GB

Linux? - about 150 MB.

Wasn't it Bill Gates who said, "All of your memory are belong to us"? And that no one could never need more than 640K of RAM? I think the latter statement may have been debunked but I'm pretty sure the first one is accurate.

Showed up on the wifes laptop and my office PC.... yeah...no.
Especially office PC... it runs Quickbooks and other stuff... I can imagine Win 11 breaking half of it.
No thanks

My laptop is still nagging me to upgrade to 11.

I want to tell it to fuck off, my computer operating system works just fine the way it already is. I have no complaints. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't need no Windows 11.

Sometimes I still play pacman fer crissakes.

Last edited:
My laptop is still nagging me to upgrade to 11.

I want to tell it to fuck off, my computer operating system works just fine the way it already is. I have no complaints. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't need no Windows 11.

Sometimes I still play pacman fer crissakes.
Yep... my office PC keeps doing the same damn thing. I have clicked no 3 or 4 times now.
Unfortunately there is no choice that says "fuck off"

Forum List

Back