Wind Turbine Kills 4!

Try working as a derrick hand on a drilling platform and tell me how safe it is...
or a coal miner

zzz.bmp

Waaaay safer than wind yanno
It really burns you up to see Wind Turbines failing, so much so you can address Wind Turbines, you must obfuscate the facts.

What facts am I obfuscating? Or is this where you call names and act like you told me already?

And people have died producing oil, so what is your point?
That now people die producing oil to build Wind Turbines, time for you to accept the fatalities the increased demand in Oil from Wind Turbines cause.

Either way, it is sad that Wind Turbines are allowed to operate in a condition that is not safe to the public.
Of course, you realise that wind turbines are lubricated with synthetic oils...well, I assume you do.
And brake fluid...

Planes kill birds, skyscrapers, hell all the native species have left or been killed off to make room for man to build and live on...habitats destroyed, wetlands cultivated...hunters ending species..

Sad, it appears, Nextera decided it was too expensive to send a technician out to check why the Obstruction light was not working. Of course, it seems that with a system that is so dangerous, technicians should be inspecting and performing preventative maintenance year long. But that would cost too much money considering Wind Turbines are losing money.

New report says wind turbine light out in Highmore crash

A week from Monday marks one year since the fatal Highmore plane crash claiming the lives of cattlemen Brent Beitelspacher, Logan Rau, Nick Reimann and pilot D.J. Fischer.

An updated report from the National Transportation Safety Board now says the light on the wind turbine tower D.J. Fischer’s plane crashed into April 27, 2014 was not working the night of the accident.
You would think that wInd towers would be equipped with ultrasonic devices to keep birds away and visible and non visible signals to keep airplanes away. Have you ever heard of a BAT being killed by a wind tower?

Wind Turbines do not stand on their own merit, qualities, or advantages, because there are no advantages. When one posts a flaw in Wind Turbines, the only response given is a huge, "BUT", "look how bad oil is".
They sure help when their is no power grid close by...Look how many fellows died for space travel, yet it does not stand on it's own merit...........yet, as wind power..
$500 Million is a huge price to pay for 55 mwh, and when the wind does not blow, that wind farm requires power, to stay prepared to operate, no wind farm stands on its own, they are all backed up by fossil fuels.

Wind Power is backed up always, by Fossil Fuel, Wind Power at best operates from 14% to 22% of the time. Hence they are all backed up by fossil fuel. Further Wind Power requires a source of electricity, that source is Fossil Fuels. Wind Farms require constant, clean power, they are not self-sustaining, they do not provide their own power.

Guess you've never been to the Texas Panhandle, have you Elektra? The wind blows constantly, it's the rare day that the wind is less than 10 mph, most of the time, it's anywhere from 15 to 25, and on stormy days, it can hit as high as 60 mph for straight line winds.

We've got a lot of turbines up here, and they are almost constantly turning. It's a rare day that you go past the wind farm and there are no turbines turning.

Wind Turbines do not stand on their own merit, qualities, or advantages, because there are no advantages. When one posts a flaw in Wind Turbines, the only response given is a huge, "BUT", "look how bad oil is".

As always you present your hypocritical point of view about every alternative electric generation system.

The fact is that you demand one standard for wind and solar- and completely ignore that standard from coal and gas and oil

Pure hypocrisy.

Try working as a derrick hand on a drilling platform and tell me how safe it is...
or a coal miner
Yes, lets not forget that Coal is needed to build Wind Turbines, and now that we are stopping our coal use for electricity, Wind Turbines percentage of usage of Coal goes up, hence deaths from Coal is from an increased percentage used by Heavy Industry manufacturing Wind Turbines.
And coal is used to make dyes, plastics, artificial sweeteners, fertilizer, pesticides, pigments and herbicides. Are all those products perfect, or are you just so down on sustainable energy sources?

or a coal miner
Yes, lets not forget that Coal is needed to build Wind Turbines, and now that we are stopping our coal use for electricity, Wind Turbines percentage of usage of Coal goes up, hence deaths from Coal is from an increased percentage used by Heavy Industry manufacturing Wind Turbines.
And coal is used to make dyes, plastics, artificial sweeteners, fertilizer, pesticides, pigments and herbicides. Are all those products perfect, or are you just so down on sustainable energy sources?
It's a strange obsession that he has.

Sustainable Energy does not exist, it is a marketing campaign to sell something that has failed. $36 Trillion dollars is at stake.

Of course, you realise that wind turbines are lubricated with synthetic oils...well, I assume you do.
Of course, and you must realize that Synthetic Oil is made from crude oil, it is simply refined more, and distilled for purity, at least I assume you realize that Synthetic Oil is made from crude oil.

Lubricants | Synthetic Engine Oil |Synthetic Lubricants - Mobil 1 Australia
What are Synthetic Oils?
What is a synthetic lubricant?
A synthetic lubricant contains more highly refined base oils than those used in conventional mineral oils, offering you superior protection and performance. Synthetic engine oils provide a variety of benefits that keep your engine running at optimal performance for years.

To understand synthetic engine oils, let's look at the origins of engine oils.

There are two basic types of lubricants available:

1. Conventional mineral oils are the traditional types and are still most widely used.
  2. Synthetic lubricants which are steadily growing in popularity.

Both types are made from crude oil that comes from the ground. The difference is that synthetic oils are made from more advanced refining processes and are of a higher purity and quality than conventional mineral oils. This not only removes more impurities from the crude oil, it enables individual molecules in the oil to be tailored to the demands of modern engines. These customized molecules provide higher levels of protection and performance

Of course, and you must realize that Synthetic Oil is made from crude oil, it is simply refined more, and distilled for purity, at least I assume you realize that Synthetic Oil is made from crude oil.
I assume you know that isn't always true.

Forum List

Back