Wind Power kills 600,000 bats a year!

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
Energy, how many different types of deaths are caused by Wind Turbines. Now it is bats being slaughtered by Wind Power!

A Comment on “Bats Killed in Large Numbers at United States Wind Energy Facilities”

Bats Killed in Large Numbers at United States Wind Energy Facilities
The results suggest that thousands of bats may be killed annually at some wind facilities, and recent estimates suggest that hundreds of thousands of bats may be killed annually in the contiguous United States. Here, I use published bat fatality information to derive estimates of the number of bats killed at wind energy facilities in the contiguous United States in 2012 and conclude that over 600,000 bats may have died as a result of interactions with wind turbines
battwind.jpg
batwind.jpg

Energy, how many different types of deaths are caused by Wind Turbines. Now it is bats being slaughtered by Wind Power!

A Comment on “Bats Killed in Large Numbers at United States Wind Energy Facilities”

The results suggest that thousands of bats may be killed annually at some wind facilities, and recent estimates suggest that hundreds of thousands of bats may be killed annually in the contiguous United States. Here, I use published bat fatality information to derive estimates of the number of bats killed at wind energy facilities in the contiguous United States in 2012 and conclude that over 600,000 bats may have died as a result of interactions with wind turbines
.View attachment 75045 View attachment 75044
I call BS. How do bats navigate?

It's cute how RWNJs care more about birds and bats than about their own species.

Decades ago, airports were built near marshes because the land was cheap and the NIMBYs couldn't squeal about jets flying over their houses. Flocks of birds used to get sucked into the jet engines and die, and some planes crashed, too.

The solution? Close the airports? Nope. Let's see who among those sobbing for the poor widdle bats can figure out the solution.

It's cute how RWNJs care more about birds and bats than about their own species.

Decades ago, airports were built near marshes because the land was cheap and the NIMBYs couldn't squeal about jets flying over their houses. Flocks of birds used to get sucked into the jet engines and die, and some planes crashed, too.

The solution? Close the airports? Nope. Let's see who among those sobbing for the poor widdle bats can figure out the solution.

FLOCKS OF BIRDS used to get sucked into jet engines? You are too ignorant to breath.

I call BS. How do bats navigate?
Me too, Bull Shit!

Wind Industry Plans Serious Changes to Protect Bats

Migratory bats, for some reason, have a lethal attraction to wind turbines. Now, they may get help via "feathering."

New industry guidelines, to be announced Thursday, aim to save tens of thousands of bats each year by idling turbines at low wind speeds during peak bat migration season. They could reduce by a third the number of bats killed at wind farms.

Seventeen members of the American Wind Energy Association, a trade group, have agreed voluntarily to begin idling, or feathering, turbines in the next year or two. Together, the companies produce nearly 90 percent of the wind power generated in the United States.

.View attachment 75045 View attachment 75044
Who cares as long as it generates one watt of power?

Like yo dude...like we are talking about saving mankind...dude!!!

Forum List

Back