Will we ever have single payer health care in this country?

single payer healthcare??

• Total voters
I think the very next time the dems the presidency and both chambers of Congress we’re headed for single payer healthcare.

It will happen if Trump wins a second term. He has always favored single payer.

And when it is his idea all of his sheep will say it is the best idea ever

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

wrong, it will never happen, the country cant afford it and Trump knows that.

yo, libs

Under single payer, who is the payer? any idea? Its us, you and me and every other tax paying citizen. The govt has only 3 sources of money, 1. us, 2. borrow it, 3, print it. None of the 3 are in our best interests when it comes to medical care.

In a single payer system, the ruling class and the wealthy will receive timely and effective concierge care; while the majority of muppets will die waiting in line for muppet care.

O'rly?

Trump praises Australia's universal health care after Obamacare repeal - CNNPolitics.com

It's going to be fantastic health care," Trump said, referring to his new health care plan. "I shouldn't say this to our great gentleman and my friend from Australia because you have better health care than we do."

“As far as single payer, it works in Canada. It works incredibly well in Scotland." - Donald J. Trump, 2015.

Donald Trump in his book The America We Deserve:

We must have universal healthcare...I'm a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses...

Doctors might be paid less than they are now, as is the case in Canada, but they would be able to treat more patients because of the reduction in their paperwork..

The Canadian plan also helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans. There are fewer medical lawsuits, less loss of labor to sickness, and lower costs to companies paying for the medical care of their employees. If the program were in place in Massachusetts in 1999 it would have reduced administrative costs by $2.5 million. We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing.

Donald Trump on Larry King Live:

I'm quite liberal, and getting much more liberal, on health care and other things. What's the purpose of a country if you're not gonna have defense and health care? If you can’t take care of your sick in the country, forget it, it’s all over. So I'm very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal healthcare.

I think the very next time the dems the presidency and both chambers of Congress we’re headed for single payer healthcare.

It will happen if Trump wins a second term. He has always favored single payer.

And when it is his idea all of his sheep will say it is the best idea ever

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

your boy in the White House has always been a fan of it...and when he says it is good thing you will be on here telling us how amazing it is

the money is not really the problem.

We spend 3.5 trillion dollars a year on healthcare now. I have not seen any estimates for singer payer that was higher than that

They'd probably need a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. That's the only reason they got ObamaCare passed and that large of a majority only happens every few generations, but yes, I think ultimately in the future we probably will because the public is ignorant when it comes to basic economics.

Maybe they can pass it via reconciliation?

Or just declare a national emergency!

We already have it...for some people. It's called Medicare

Yes, who doesnt want a corrupt govt lead by people that dont give a shit about you, to completely control 20 percent of our economy?
As if their unconstitutional contributions to the GDP aren't enough?
Who wouldnt agree with that?
Abolish private insurance? Fuck yea! Go washington!

They'd probably need a filibuster proof majority in the Senate. That's the only reason they got ObamaCare passed and that large of a majority only happens every few generations, but yes, I think ultimately in the future we probably will because the public is ignorant when it comes to basic economics.

Do you realize that most national emergencies still in effect have to do with other countries?
Of course not. You are nothing more than a parrot

Do you realize that most national emergencies still in effect have to do with other countries?

I was mocking trump you turd.

And just how much of that 20% of our economy is tied to government spending ?

The gov is already heavily involved and it’s being gouged .

I know you were :rolleyes:
I meant control of our economy..whether they pay or not.. geez

Wanna know how I know you're stupid? 80 cents of every dollar of premium is required to be used to pay claims.

32.6 trillion in ten years!

which ironically enough is less than we spend on healthcare a a nation now
Dumbass! The taxpayer is not on the hook for 320 million people currently or did you intend for absolutely everyone to pay fucking taxes?
Medicare for all is probably a bridge too far. Too much too fast.

But a Medicare buy in? Yea...that would work and the infra structure for it is already in place.

Over time it would probably evolve into Medicare for all as it proves to be functioning idea...

I have no idea why ANYONE would be so married to the private health insurance that has served us so poorly but establish a Medicare buy in and the market place will determine the result.

Forum List

Back