Will Trayvon Martin killing give Florida to Obama?

It may sound far fetched, but the energy and outrage that is being seen in Florida may be felt at the ballot box. And the longer these "officials" allow the man responsible to walk free, the entire country is feeling the effects.

Whether it is warranted or not, the prospects of institutional racism, in this case, could explode into a national incident.

To politicize a tragedy such as this is reprehensible, to say the least.

But it would be naïve to believe this issue can be addressed outside of a political context, as things have gotten way out of hand.

We have one faction who doesn’t understand the law and incorrectly believes an individual was murdered in cold blood with impunity, a ‘racist’ and uncaring police force refusing to arrest someone this faction clearly perceives as a murder.

And another faction which is angry that this is being made into a ‘racial issue’ where no racism exists, where a ‘liberal’ media and ‘liberal’ politicians are attempting to exploit the tragedy for political gain.

And neither faction is listening to the other.

But yes, in the cold, hard reality of American Machiavellian politics, it is quite possible that one or the other or both factions find this a galvanizing event to the extent more voters are motivated to go to the polls.

It may sound far fetched, but the energy and outrage that is being seen in Florida may be felt at the ballot box. And the longer these "officials" allow the man responsible to walk free, the entire country is feeling the effects.

Whether it is warranted or not, the prospects of institutional racism, in this case, could explode into a national incident.

To politicize a tragedy such as this is reprehensible, to say the least.

But it would be naïve to believe this issue can be addressed outside of a political context, as things have gotten way out of hand.

We have one faction who doesn’t understand the law and incorrectly believes an individual was murdered in cold blood with impunity, a ‘racist’ and uncaring police force refusing to arrest someone this faction clearly perceives as a murder.

And another faction which is angry that this is being made into a ‘racial issue’ where no racism exists, where a ‘liberal’ media and ‘liberal’ politicians are attempting to exploit the tragedy for political gain.

And neither faction is listening to the other.

But yes, in the cold, hard reality of American Machiavellian politics, it is quite possible that one or the other or both factions find this a galvanizing event to the extent more voters are motivated to go to the polls.

WHY do you excuse introducing politics into a human tragedy?

HINT JimH52; A GRAND JURY will convene on April 10.

IF, the prosecutor is stupid enough to bring it to one.

Why would it?

The President (rationally) EXPECTED to be "asked" about the Trayvon Martin tragedy.

His comments, upon then being dutifully "asked," were well prepared and were prepared well in advance.

That he CHOSE to make it political cannot be honestly debated, therefore.

Would it have been so wrong for him to limit his comments?

He COULD have said, for example, 'It appears to be a very tragic situation, especially for the grieving family of Trayvon Martin. My heart goes out to them. But, I think it is time now for us to refrain from further comment pending the outcome of the investigation(s) and possibly the outcome of the workings of the legal system.'

The President (rationally) EXPECTED to be "asked" about the Trayvon Martin tragedy.

His comments, upon then being dutifully "asked," were well prepared and were prepared well in advance.

He COULD have said, for example, 'It appears to be a very tragic situation, especially for the grieving family of Trayvon Martin. My heart goes out to them. But, I think it is time now for us to refrain from further comment pending the outcome of the investigation(s) and possibly the outcome of the workings of the legal system.'

For a guy who has fewer press conferences than most Presidents
and rarely makes himself available for Q&A's

He somehow found time for this....
funny how that works

Indeed, the MSM carries the "water" for him ...

Was Papa Obama ever asked by the MSM to comment on this story

Teenagers poured gasoline on boy walking home from school and set him on fire

Maybe that boy could have been his son, as well

Last edited:

Perhaps there is more to this story than what what you think, Jim. Maybe this is why he hasn't been arrested yet.

Witness who saw it all" claims Zimmerman yelled "HELP, HELP" as Trayvon "attacked" him

"Witness who saw it all" claims Zimmerman yelled "HELP, HELP" as Trayvon "attacked" him - Democratic Underground

Like I said...maybe the DA wants to get all their ducks in a row before the arrest.

You seem to have a rope and a tree mentality :cuckoo:

Even though Zimmerman said what he did, possibly this won't end up a hate crime, which some are demanding, just maybe Obama did insert his foot into his mouth once again and not want a son like this boy who died. just some thoughts from me.....

Having said that...I don't think lethal force was in order in this incident

Ha ha! Liability, you crack me up! Obama saying that? :lol::rofl::lmao:

Even though Zimmerman said what he did, possibly this won't end up a hate crime, which some are demanding, just maybe Obama did insert his foot into his mouth once again and not want a son like this boy who died. just some thoughts from me.....

Seeing as he called 911 to report the activity before Martin was shot...I think it went too far myself.

I am interested to see what the State says after thier investigation.

Of course you think all of this is
a made up issue.

But is it not going to die out, like you would like to see it do. The outrage will grow and the longer that Zimmerman walks free, the issue will become more of a national debate.

Meet George Zimmerman, The Man Who Killed Trayvon Martin

At the center of the furor is George Zimmerman, the 28-year-old community watch man who has admitted to chasing Martin down and shooting him twice. Zimmerman has not been arrested by local authorities, on the grounds that he was acting in self-defense.

He chased down and shot an unarmed man. I see, at the very least, voluntary manslaughter in this case. The longer the authorities hold out, the more it will become a national issue. If the Dems ever needed anything to energize them, this could be it.

Just like I said, trumped up outrage. The only people talking about it are Jesse's radical followers. Sane people dismiss it..as they should.

Perhaps there is more to this story than what what you think, Jim. Maybe this is why he hasn't been arrested yet.

Witness who saw it all" claims Zimmerman yelled "HELP, HELP" as Trayvon "attacked" him

"Witness who saw it all" claims Zimmerman yelled "HELP, HELP" as Trayvon "attacked" him - Democratic Underground

Like I said...maybe the DA wants to get all their ducks in a row before the arrest.

You seem to have a rope and a tree mentality :cuckoo:

Just like I thought.... there has to be more to it.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

I had a feeling it was Zimmerman who was yelling help.

Ha ha! Liability, you crack me up! Obama saying that? :lol::rofl::lmao:

:D

He COULD have said it. He probably SHOULD have said it and nothing more.

I certainly never argued that he ever WOULD say it.

Alas.

If Zimmerman is found to have been attacked, which more and more credible statements are coming out it seems to be the case from behind.....what level does the attack have to rise before you feel in fear of your life ?

or

Did Zimmerman deserve the attack because he followed what he thought was suspicious person after calling the police until they arrived ?

Forum List

Back