will this really be ruled an accident???

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Mich. man kills wife with chain saw in accident

OTSEGO, Mich. – Michigan authorities say a man working in his yard accidentally killed his wife with a chain saw.

The Otsego (aht-SEE'-go) couple were trying to cut a tree Sunday when the man hit his wife in the neck with the chain saw.

She died at the scene of the accident, about 35 miles south of Grand Rapids.

Sheriff's Deputy David Labonde lives nearby. He tells WOOD-TV he heard a cry for help and did what he could to help.

i know people have chainsaw accidents all the times...normallly cutting their legs or something like that...or worse dying in a kick back or a tree falling wrong...but this...just doesnt sound right...in what job do you have another person close enough for the kick back to go into her neck...i know all you have to hit if the main juglar...but i work with peevees....etc...i dont run a saw....a knot would cause kick back but do fools rush in where wise men go carefully? now if he is not claiming a kick back then he simply cut her head off.....even a kick back going to the side....how close do you let your helpers stand when using chainsaws?

Was the man a Democrat or a Republican? ;)

j/k

I agree with Dave freak accidents like this can happen, but they are suspicious. I suspect the truth will eventually come out.

Immie

o yea i am not saying truth aint always stranger than fiction and he could have teacher her how to run a chainsaw....normally that will put two people close...but she is not here to tell her side of the story...of course if there is a good csi...team...i think we put too much into that due to tv...and all now...

It's possible, I suppose.

A chainsaw can kick back and go off wildly in almost any direction.

But one does wonder how closely that woman was standing next to a guy cutting wood, ya know?

Ya'd think that anyone familiar with those tools would give the man operating it plenty of room.

This is clearly a case for fornsics experts.

OTSEGO, Mich. – Michigan authorities say a man working in his yard accidentally killed his wife with a chain saw.

The Otsego (aht-SEE'-go) couple were trying to cut a tree Sunday when the man hit his wife in the neck with the chain saw.

She died at the scene of the accident, about 35 miles south of Grand Rapids.

Sheriff's Deputy David Labonde lives nearby. He tells WOOD-TV he heard a cry for help and did what he could to help.

i know people have chainsaw accidents all the times...normallly cutting their legs or something like that...or worse dying in a kick back or a tree falling wrong...but this...just doesnt sound right...in what job do you have another person close enough for the kick back to go into her neck...i know all you have to hit if the main juglar...but i work with peevees....etc...i dont run a saw....a knot would cause kick back but do fools rush in where wise men go carefully? now if he is not claiming a kick back then he simply cut her head off.....even a kick back going to the side....how close do you let your helpers stand when using chainsaws?

We'll know for sure when we find out how much life insurance he has on her. It's always a dead giveaway. They just happened to take out a 2 million dollar policy 2 weeks before...

Right...

Maybe the husband is blind. The status of his vision wasn't specifically discussed in the article, so blindness is still entirely possible.

I guess the facts just need to come out. Generally when something like this happens some level of stupidity is involved.

It would be a pretty clever way to kill your wife and get away with it I suppose.

It's not like you can say, I stabbed her 17 times by accident...I swear!

Hey, whole families get wiped out by random trees rolling off hillsides and hitting their cars.

Chain saws are dangerous, and cutting trees can be deadly. So can cutting cord wood....if one person is attempting to hold the log and the other is sawing, and something happens, whammo bammo.

This is why I avoid chain saws, btw.

Forum List

Back