Will they screw over their own state?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
The short answer is yes. Its not as though these basards can be fired for not doing their job.

Oklahoma Senators Jim Inhofe, Tom Coburn, Face Difficult Options On Disaster Relief

As frantic rescue missions continued Monday in Oklahoma following the catastrophic tornadoes that ripped through the state, it appeared increasingly likely that residents who lost homes and businesses would turn to the federal government for emergency disaster aid. That could put the state's two Republican senators in an awkward position.

Sens. Jim Inhofe and Tom Coburn, both Republicans, are fiscal hawks who have repeatedly voted against funding disaster aid for other parts of the country. They also have opposed increased funding for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which administers federal disaster relief.

Luddly, this is already on another thread, several hours ago.

The bottom line when you get to Congress trying to jam in pork in an aid bill, then I'm against it.

Right now just as with Sandy, the immediate aid being given is great.

You trying to turn this political? You are an asshole.

The bottom line when you get to Congress trying to jam in pork in an aid bill, then I'm against it.

Tornado damage is also something local agencies can often handle due to the devestation being (relatively) in a localized area.

As many as 10 thousand families displaced. Local agencies can't handle that.

The House did give the victims something though - a moment of silence earlier to day.

Coburn has already said he would tie any disaster relief to cuts in other areas

Who will take the cuts? Shouldn't all the cuts come from money targeted for Oklahoma? Why should other states take the cuts for Coburn?

Who will take the cuts? Shouldn't all the cuts come from money targeted for Oklahoma? Why should other states take the cuts for Coburn?

There really isn't much riding, politically, on any decision they make unless, of course they call a filibuster.

They've already pissed off the other Senators.

as long this asshole has something he can blame Republicans on.....he has a boner...otherwise he cant get it up....

Tornado damage is also something local agencies can often handle due to the devestation being (relatively) in a localized area.

that's the way it has been out here in Ca with most quakes...........

As many as 10 thousand families displaced. Local agencies can't handle that.

The House did give the victims something though - a moment of silence earlier to day.

Define "displaced."

to many places destroyed for the locals to absorb that....and i have a hunch the state is going to be hard pressed to cover everything....not a big state.....the County i live in has just about as many people.....

why is it any of your business WHAT THEY do.? worry about the state you live in. You shit stirring little man...

Foreign Aid Should be the one to take all the cuts.
Have to give Americans the highest priority over any other country.
Recovery Money for natural disaster should be automatic. America First.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back