Will the US Have a Generation Z Revolution?

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
The fact that rate of homeless American children per capita is worse than in some third world countries

Have a look at our present reality as it affects our children. Oh, my . . .

(this is the second of two articles on the role of adolescents in mass uprisings)

Psychological oppression (manifested by widespread apathy and resignation in the face of major corporate and government attacks on working Americans) is at an all time high in the US. Historically (see my article Teenagers: God’s Answer to Psychological Oppression about the Soweto uprising and Palestinian Intifada), it’s often a strong and sustained youth rebellion that enables a society to throw off severe psychological oppression. This makes me naturally curious about the chances of a youth resistance movement developing in the US . The following is a breakdown of the forces I see favoring and countering the formation of a generation Z uprising in the US :

The demographics:

35% of the US population is under 25.
Total unemployment among age 16 -25: 24-25%, with many facing permanent unemployment.
Percent of non-white unemployed youth: 46%
Unemployment among African Americans under 25: 40.7%
Unemployment among Hispanic Americans under 25: 35%

read more Will the US Have a Generation Z Revolution? – by By Dr Stuart Jeanne Bramhall | 2012: How is it happening? What's the 'real' truth?

Forum List

Back