Will the Supreme Court end affirmative action in colleges?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

It probably should be ended. It is racist. It treats different races differently. Does society in general still do that?

not since about 1968 or thereabouts..

Then there's the fact that Blacks make things harder for their race than they naturally are when they treat Whitey differently than their own people.. But still, affirmative action is discriminatory

Does anyone have any doubt what the TRUMPCourt will do?

I'm sure the Supreme Court will look at the appropriate law and make their decision based upon that- not whether Affirmative Action is a good idea or not- that's irrelevant.

But riddle me this, RW.

If you needed work done on your brain, would you seek out and have your surgery done by an Affirmative Action brain surgeon who got the job only because of the color of his skin?

Or would you prefer it be done by someone who knows what they are doing?

• Banned
I'm sure the Supreme Court will look at the appropriate law and make their decision based upon that- not whether Affirmative Action is a good idea or not- that's irrelevant.

But riddle me this, RW.

If you needed work done on your brain, would you seek out and have your surgery done by an Affirmative Action brain surgeon who got the job only because of the color of his skin?

Or would you prefer it be done by someone who knows what they are doing?
LOL

watch.. there will be no response.. or there will be some words that look like a response.. but still no real response.. As some of us know.. a person can use multiple words and never say anything

• Banned
It’s not only racist but it naturally calls into question the credentials of any benefitting minority.
so it is rather self defeating

I say we go back to the concept of actual, not fake equality.. If someone in some certain situation can PROVE racism.. then let the courts deal with that.. But to just give blanket affirmative action/preferential treatment based on race..

That is truly racist..

(not just some dumbass calling it such)

so it is rather self defeating

I say we go back to the concept of actual, not fake equality.. If someone in some certain situation can PROVE racism.. then let the courts deal with that.. But to just give blanket affirmative action/preferential treatment based on race..

That is truly racist..

(not just some dumbass calling it such)
Equality isn’t the issue. Equal opportunity is. Outcome equality is impossible. People are always different.

I listened to a lot of the discussion at the Court today. Race is used, although there were all kinds of statements basically saying that promotes 'diversity" and was used equally. However, facts presented from evidence seemed to contradict that...like every Asian applicant got a low score on one of the criteria for admission, while blacks got all top scores. When every applicant has to put down their 'race" on admission papers, that is the start to discrimination from someone.

In reviewing an application to Harvard or any school, why is race..or religion pertinent to how qualified a person is??? Test scores, grades, participation in extra curricular things are he best evidence of how ready one is to take on college.

it is a 14th amendment violation

"The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race, is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.”
-Chief Justice John Roberts

'When is your sunset? When does this end?' conservative Justice Amy Coney Barrett asked about UNC's consideration of race in admissions.

Thomas, one of two Black members of the court, said, 'I've heard the word diversity quite a few times, and I don't have a clue what it means.'

Conservative Justice Samuel Alito asked whether if schools are barred from considering race they could still consider, in the theoretical case of an immigrant from Africa now living in a predominately white area in North Carolina, an essay that describes having to deal with 'huge cultural differences.'

Blum-linked lawyer Patrick Strawbridge said such an applicant could do so 'because the preference in that case is not being based upon the race.'

Kagan pushed back on that scenario, saying it was 'slicing the baloney awfully thin' because 'race is part of the culture.'

Ketanji Brown Jackson said some racist nonsense...
{Video link]

When you discriminate based upon someone's DNA, the way they were born which they have no control over, you have institutionalized racism.

The Dems tell us there is systemic racism in America, but they are the ones who insist upon codifying it.

Equal protection requires that we quit discriminating based upon the way people were born!

They do use "race" , since applicants have to state that on their admission papers. they keep all the stats on students, based on the "race" they are....whites do this, blacks to this, Asians do this...all under the guise of doing so for "diversity".. Asian, what this case is brought for, have always the lowest scores in one segment of reviewing for admission...blacks always have higher scores.

Forum List

Back