will the mexicans have to start swimming back home to find work?

cootydog

Aug 12, 2011
You see them crammed into trucks and vans, going to work in fields and on construction sites, maybe landscaping your yard, doing back-breaking work in extreme weather, and it makes you wonder why Mexican immigrants come to the U.S. Couldn’t they live a more comfortable life in their own country where they speak the language and know the culture? Yes and no. It would certainly be easier in some ways for them to stay in Mexico, but for those who have chosen to move to the United States, the risk and discomfort are worth the benefits to their families.

There are fewer illegal immigrants in America because of job and educational opportunities in Mexico, the Sacramento Bee reports. "It's now easier to buy homes on credit, find a job and access higher education in Mexico," Sacramento's Mexican consul general, Carlos Gonzalez Gutierrez, said Wednesday. "We have become a middle-class country." Mexico's unemployment rate is now 4.9 percent, compared with 9.4 percent in the United States.

They help wreck the USA and now go home. Its not right.
Maybe unemployed Americans will start heading south for jobs and before you know it in Mexico they will hear "una prensa para la prensa española y dos de Inglés" like here we have to deal with press one for english.

i may B stupid, but I can learn. What R U gona do? get plastic surgery?

see I can do it too

I am too stupid hello, sarcasm is very hard to pick up on when your stupid like I am sorry i didnt mean it about the plastic surgery I was just being an ass, my stupid.

You see them crammed into trucks and vans, going to work in fields and on construction sites, maybe landscaping your yard, doing back-breaking work in extreme weather, and it makes you wonder why Mexican immigrants come to the U.S. Couldn’t they live a more comfortable life in their own country where they speak the language and know the culture? Yes and no. It would certainly be easier in some ways for them to stay in Mexico, but for those who have chosen to move to the United States, the risk and discomfort are worth the benefits to their families.

There are fewer illegal immigrants in America because of job and educational opportunities in Mexico, the Sacramento Bee reports. "It's now easier to buy homes on credit, find a job and access higher education in Mexico," Sacramento's Mexican consul general, Carlos Gonzalez Gutierrez, said Wednesday. "We have become a middle-class country." Mexico's unemployment rate is now 4.9 percent, compared with 9.4 percent in the United States.

Maybe unemployed Americans will start heading south for jobs and before you know it in Mexico they will hear "una prensa para la prensa española y dos de Inglés" like here we have to deal with press one for english.
US corporations are setting up shop in Mexico. Why employ them illegally here when you can employ them legally there?

Illegal immigrants didn't wreck America. They are the reason groceries, restaurants, and hotels don't cost alot more. As far as groceries/produce/food production are concerned. If those industries hired American citizen workers at a livable American wage, foreign competition would take over US markets. Chile and Mexico would supply all the food for us, and when a nation starts depending on other countries for food...things have historically gotten very ugly.

US corporations are setting up shop in Mexico. Why employ them illegally here when you can employ them legally there?

Illegal immigrants didn't wreck America. They are the reason groceries, restaurants, and hotels don't cost alot more. As far as groceries/produce/food production are concerned. If those industries hired American citizen workers at a livable American wage, foreign competition would take over US markets. Chile and Mexico would supply all the food for us, and when a nation starts depending on other countries for food...things have historically gotten very ugly.
I grow alot of my own food and shoot or catch 75% of my meat. Food prices mean very little to me. I see your point but disagree, they hurt our economy as bad as you say they help it. they pull hard on social services for medical, school, and about anything they can get. I have a friend who just kicked the tenants out of his rent house because the lady had a part time job and refused more hours because that would cut into her gov. check, and she had an illegal boyfriend who worked tax free doing construction. so if what you say is true...I'd rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend... then you need to open more than one kind of thought in your own brain.

Based on Census Bureau data, this study finds that, when all taxes paid (direct and indirect) and all costs are considered, illegal households created a net fiscal deficit at the federal level of more than $10 billion in 2002. We also estimate that, if there was an amnesty for illegal aliens, the net fiscal deficit would grow to nearly $29 billion.

Among the findings:

Households headed by illegal aliens imposed more than $26.3 billion in costs on the federal government in 2002 and paid only $16 billion in taxes, creating a net fiscal deficit of almost $10.4 billion, or $2,700 per illegal household.

Among the largest costs are Medicaid ($2.5 billion); treatment for the uninsured ($2.2 billion); food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches ($1.9 billion); the federal prison and court systems ($1.6 billion); and federal aid to schools ($1.4 billion).

With nearly two-thirds of illegal aliens lacking a high school degree, the primary reason they create a fiscal deficit is their low education levels and resulting low incomes and tax payments, not their legal status or heavy use of most social services.

On average, the costs that illegal households impose on federal coffers are less than half that of other households, but their tax payments are only one-fourth that of other households.

Many of the costs associated with illegals are due to their American-born children, who are awarded U.S. citizenship at birth. Thus, greater efforts at barring illegals from federal programs will not reduce costs because their citizen children can continue to access them.

If illegal aliens were given amnesty and began to pay taxes and use services like households headed by legal immigrants with the same education levels, the estimated annual net fiscal deficit would increase from $2,700 per household to nearly $7,700, for a total net cost of $29 billion.

Costs increase dramatically because unskilled immigrants with legal status -- what most illegal aliens would become -- can access government programs, but still tend to make very modest tax payments.

Although legalization would increase average tax payments by 77 percent, average costs would rise by 118 percent.

The fact that legal immigrants with few years of schooling are a large fiscal drain does not mean that legal immigrants overall are a net drain -- many legal immigrants are highly skilled.

The vast majority of illegals hold jobs. Thus the fiscal deficit they create for the federal government is not the result of an unwillingness to work.

The results of this study are consistent with a 1997 study by the National Research Council, which also found that immigrants' education level is a key determinant of their fiscal impact.

I grow alot of my own food and shoot or catch 75% of my meat. Food prices mean very little to me. I see your point but disagree, they hurt our economy as bad as you say they help it. they pull hard on social services for medical, school, and about anything they can get. I have a friend who just kicked the tenants out of his rent house because the lady had a part time job and refused more hours because that would cut into her gov. check, and she had an illegal boyfriend who worked tax free doing construction. so if what you say is true...I'd rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend... then you need to open more than one kind of thought in your own brain.
I think it's great to have enough land to grow enough food for yourself, and have the available game in your vicinity to hunt your meat. Where I live...hunting my own meat is not an option, and land is too expensive to make personal farming cost effective. As for the drain on public funds from illegals...that is bad, and should be stopped. Don't think that by pointing out some of the benefits of cheap labor, in terms of consumer pricing, I'm in favor of the employment of illegal immigrants.

Based on Census Bureau data, this study finds that, when all taxes paid (direct and indirect) and all costs are considered, illegal households created a net fiscal deficit at the federal level of more than $10 billion in 2002. We also estimate that, if there was an amnesty for illegal aliens, the net fiscal deficit would grow to nearly $29 billion.

Among the findings:
Center for Immigration Studies
Illegal Immigrants At Least $10 Billion Net Cost At Federal Level :: American Renaissance News
Deport Illegal Immigrants NOW!! | Facebook
Most read CIS publications - Center for Immigration Studies - reports on legal and illegal immigration

These are the kind of sites carrying this interpretation of the census data. They're all anti illegal immigration sites, and that amren is pretty racist.

With all due respect, and I sincerely do not wish to imply you're a racist, or cast any dispersions on you...I think I'll pass on researching this interpretation further. What I will do is look at the census data in raw form.

Forum List

Back