Will the mandate produce a healthier America?

lynn63

Jan 22, 2013
Does everyone believe that now we are mandated to obtain health coverage that costs will decrease and people will be forced to live healthier lives?

I have reviewed the preventative service list that are covered without any out of pocket costs from the insured. Other then the normal preventative services that all had covered prior to the ACA, they have added a few more services.

For children they added the behavioral assessment screening. This insures the big pharm maintains their high profits since most kids today are diagnosed with ADHD.

Vaccinations are covered for adults and children. Eventually what I see happening with this is they will mandate that everyone must get a flu shot. This again insures the profit margin for big pharm.

They now will cover obesity and tobacco screening and this works for the health insurance company since they will raise your premium rates if you fail their requirements.

It is obvious to me that this is all designed to improve their profits while making the public miserable by controlling them by demanding they make lifestyle changes or pay more if they don't.

If we lived in a society that eliminated air and water pollution, that didn't alter our food crops and didn't pump our food animals with antibiotics then I would feel more inclined to support this takeover of our lifestyle to enforce healthier behavior.

I don't buy that many of our chronic health problems is the result of poor choices of how we live our life. We are products of our environment and our environment is not a healthy one by any means to live in.

The big corporations certainly have never taken responsibility for polluting our environment for decades. The health insurance companies don't want to pay for our health costs and they will do anything that limits us from actually obtaining healthcare when we really need it.

According to the statistics, chronic health conditions usually don't start to emerge until you reach your late 40's and your 50's. Employers have a high percentage of laying off people that are in their 50's to reduce the burden of health costs for the employer.

So what good did it do you to have health coverage most of your working life then have it dropped because you reached the age of statistics for health problems to occur and lost your job?

Forum List

Back