CDZ Will the "Mandalorian" t.v. show save the Star Wars movie franchise?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The latest Star Wars film is bad......just saw the thing. The "Critical Drinker," a youtube movie critic thinks that this last movie essentially ends the Star Wars movie franchise if not forever, for a long, long time....a true waste of a billion dollar franchise.

The t.v. show "The Mandalorian," seems to have captured the spirit of the original movies and has received very good reviews....the only problem is that you have limited access to it because of it's pay service.

Is it possible that the success of "The Mandalorian," will save the Star Wars franchise?

I consider the STAR WARS epic to be comprised of -

Rogue One
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

The prequels and sequels are nothing but CGI eye candy. Shit plotting and writing. Jar Jar was downright insulting.

The latest Star Wars film is bad......just saw the thing. The "Critical Drinker," a youtube movie critic thinks that this last movie essentially ends the Star Wars movie franchise if not forever, for a long, long time....a true waste of a billion dollar franchise.

The t.v. show "The Mandalorian," seems to have captured the spirit of the original movies and has received very good reviews....the only problem is that you have limited access to it because of it's pay service.

Is it possible that the success of "The Mandalorian," will save the Star Wars franchise?
Because of that limited access, probably not.

Heard it was a 'tv' series, only available on Disney +.

Un likely I will ever see it.

Yes, if the morons in charge of Disney fire all the woke assholes and focus on making good movies, that have respect for the product and for the fans.

No... because the Mandalorian isn't a movie.

What I mean is this......since the Mandalorian is successful is it possible that someone at Disney will decide to take another chance but with different leadership for the next movie....since they are showing it can actually be done well?

What I mean is this......since the Mandalorian is successful is it possible that someone at Disney will decide to take another chance but with different leadership for the next movie....since they are showing it can actually be done well?

Well the rest of the new movies coming out will be focused on peripheral characters and story lines, so there is no reason it can't be like the Mandalorian, but part of its success has to do with Jon Favreau and his ability to make it more like he would an action comic book movie, than a Sci-Fi space opera.

It will be interesting to see what formula is used to make the Dune remake. Do they use the space opera formula that the original moved along with, or do they update it and make it a more broad appeal to new younger audiences. Denis Villeneuve is directing the new Dune... and with his history it could either be good like Sicario, or garbage like the Bladerunner 2049.

If it's on Netflix....I ain't watching that shit.
Obama took over Netflix and I cancelled my subscription immediately.
Who can say if all of the advertisement for the series isn't just politically slanted buzz over a shit show.
Most shows that are produced these days are total shit anyway.

It is obvious that is what you meant.

Forum List

Back