Will the case against General Flynn be dropped? What will the left wingers and anti trumpets do?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The tears will be tasty and refreshing as ever if mueller let's Flynn off the hook......why would he do that?

The Great Flynn Case Mystery

The only reason I can imagine why Judge Contreras was recused – note: did not recuse himself – is that he was a member of the FISC, the court that grants surveillance warrants under FISA. As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone – perhaps the chief judge of the district – removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted.

As to why the agreed upon delay, my thought is that Mueller wants to wait until the inspector general report so that, in a sense, his hands will be clean if the case is dropped, that he was compelled by the record to do so.

I missed it earlier, but on December 12 of last year, Judge Sullivan issued a tough demand of the prosecution. They are compelled immediately to turn over all exculpatory material in their possession to General Flynn. The last paragraph of the order is particularly strong:
-----------

In sum, as regards Judge Sullivan, the government has lost the presumption of ethical conduct, which many courts still afford prosecutors. Actions have consequences. But Mueller knew he'd have to provide exculpatory evidence to the defendant prior to the sentencing hearing, and it's hard to imagine that his big, well financed crew didn't have it in hand.

Unless, of course, as I suspect, the exculpatory evidence is being collected by the Office of the Inspector General. And if it is and is made public before the sentencing hearing, Mueller will have hands-off reason to dismiss the case, without anyone being able to credibly charge that he threw it.

Update: And what sort of eculatory evidence could have been withheld? According to Byron York in the Examiner:

In March 2017, then-FBI Director James Comey briefed a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers on the Trump-Russia investigation. One topic of intense interest was the case of Michael Flynn, the Trump White House national security adviser who resigned under pressure on Feb. 13 after just 24 days in the job. (snip)

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.

I think Flynn has already been "let off the hook" in return for testimony

Why would our president be worried?

And yet even the plea he made has no bearing on anything to do with Trump....

The tears will be tasty and refreshing as ever if mueller let's Flynn off the hook......why would he do that?

The only reason I can imagine why Judge Contreras was recused – note: did not recuse himself – is that he was a member of the FISC, the court that grants surveillance warrants under FISA. As the evidence mounts that the warrant was improperly granted, someone – perhaps the chief judge of the district – removed him from further participation in the case, likely because Contreras approved the warrant and its extension. If the warrant was improperly issued, all the evidence it garnered is tainted.

As to why the agreed upon delay, my thought is that Mueller wants to wait until the inspector general report so that, in a sense, his hands will be clean if the case is dropped, that he was compelled by the record to do so.

I missed it earlier, but on December 12 of last year, Judge Sullivan issued a tough demand of the prosecution. They are compelled immediately to turn over all exculpatory material in their possession to General Flynn. The last paragraph of the order is particularly strong:
-----------

In sum, as regards Judge Sullivan, the government has lost the presumption of ethical conduct, which many courts still afford prosecutors. Actions have consequences. But Mueller knew he'd have to provide exculpatory evidence to the defendant prior to the sentencing hearing, and it's hard to imagine that his big, well financed crew didn't have it in hand.

Unless, of course, as I suspect, the exculpatory evidence is being collected by the Office of the Inspector General. And if it is and is made public before the sentencing hearing, Mueller will have hands-off reason to dismiss the case, without anyone being able to credibly charge that he threw it.

Update: And what sort of eculatory evidence could have been withheld? According to Byron York in the Examiner:

In March 2017, then-FBI Director James Comey briefed a number of Capitol Hill lawmakers on the Trump-Russia investigation. One topic of intense interest was the case of Michael Flynn, the Trump White House national security adviser who resigned under pressure on Feb. 13 after just 24 days in the job. (snip)

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.
The NRA are a bunch of cowards. :biggrin:

The only problem with that view, is that a person has to raise that point as a defense, either at trial or on appeal. Flynn and his lawyer signed off that Flynn made no such claim, and that they accepted a verdict of guilty, and waived all rights to appeal,.

The only problem with that view, is that a person has to raise that point as a defense, either at trial or on appeal. Flynn and his lawyer signed off that Flynn made no such claim, and that they accepted a verdict of guilty, and waived all rights to appeal,.

Yeah.....I don't think that will hold up if they used illegal methods to force him to sign the agreement....

The crime he plead guilty to has nothing to do with Trump

His testimony in return for the plea deal will....that is the way plea deals work

The FBI contradicted The DOJ and said Flynn did not lie, so YES!

First Fucking time in History btw a Fucking FISA Judge recused himself AFTER THE FUCKING CASE WAS OVER!

Yeah.....I don't think that will hold up if they used illegal methods to force him to sign the agreement....

Flynn was represented by a lawyer. Both Flynn and his lawyer signed off on the agreement. There was no coercion, Flynn got his 6th amendment rights.

What illegal methods?

Yes I've been saying for two months now Flynn will walk with no charges...Mueller knows the jig is up...

The crime he plead guilty to has nothing to do with Trump

His testimony in return for the plea deal will....that is the way plea deals work

You guys have rich fantasy lives....

Why would they offer a plea deal unless Flynn had something valuable in return

Possible information from Flynn

- Trump team interactions with Russians both before and after the election
- What was said at those meetings
- What Trump knew and what he directed
- What evidence he has

Not much different than a Mafia bust
Get the little guys to rat out the big guys

The FBI contradicted The DOJ and said Flynn did not lie, so YES!

First Fucking time in History btw a Fucking FISA Judge recused himself AFTER THE FUCKING CASE WAS OVER!

Flynn and his Lawyer say Flynn did lie. That TRUMPS what anybody else says.

Forum List

Back