Will Paris Change America's Political Campaign?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
It looks like it has. Not just the push about the refugees but US policy en toto. The two sides disagreeing with each other. And the various candidates trying to outdo each other about who is most able to deal with ISIS.

I haven't seen The Donald's latest rant on the subject but he's clearly already out ahead of the field with his demands to built a wall and oust the illegals. We then have the different calls to show compassion to the Christian refugees and keep out Muslims. That is being met by howls of discrimination from the Left.

And, more important, will Obama's weak foreign policy blow back against Hillary and the Dems in general?

It may be some months before the process actually gets underway but it is also a subject that voters might remember for some time – just like 9/11.

How the Paris Attacks are Influencing U.S. Presidential Campaigns

Gee whiz. Didn't I just do a personal post on this subject? I wonder if the author of this piece somehow got wind of it. :)

In any case, this is an interesting article on the reactions of the various campaign to the terrorist attacks. They can almost be guessed in advance.

Hillary presents herself as a dissident within the Obama administration

Sanders points the finger of blame at Clinton

O'Malley states this is a fight the US must engage in

Trump wants to target oil fields, the source of ISIS money
Carson comes out with vague answers

Rubio calls it “a clash of civilizations”

Cruz wants “boots on the ground” - just not American boots

Bush claims it a result of a lack of coherent strategy

Paul vague on what to do in the region, focusing on border security

Kasich wants a formal NATO response

Fiorina criticizes Obama

Huckabee talks about the refugees and calls for an Anti-Islamic state coalition

Christie focuses on risk of accepting Syrian refugees

Santorum blames Hillary for ISIS

Jindal sends letter to WH on immigration
Pataki (is he still in the race?) wants a safe haven in Syria

Graham calls for 10k troops in Iraq and Article V for NATO

A more complete analysis with links is @ How the Paris Attacks are Influencing U.S. Presidential Campaigns

Forum List

Back