Will our friends on the left & in the media be consistent in their outrage?? Re: Maher & Milo

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
somehow, I tend to doubt it

but I could be wrong! perhaps the left will be fair this time - right???

oh wait, this is from a really old article and the crickets we heard insofar as "outrage" were deafening...

C5PoUqNXAAELqH0.jpg

Of course, we all read "Playboy". Actually I did --- in the '70s.... so have never seen this.

But golly gosh I'm so "outraged" over shit I've never heard of. Yeah, definitely. Definitely outraged. Course, People's Court at 6:30. People's Court.

Ummm... can you clue me in on what exactly we're all supposed to be "outraged" about, Mary Whitehouse?

Ummm... can you clue me in on what exactly we're all supposed to be "outraged" about, Mary Whitehouse?

Maher said that sex between a teacher and a 14 year old boy is OK & would be a positive experience for the 14 year old

how is this different than what Milo said?

I maintain that Milo made his statement for shock value

I don't condone any of it & yes, Milo's statements were outrageous; but so were Maher's; yet, there was ZERO outrge over Maher...

I think a lot of women find Bill Maher to be a misogynistic pig and even more liberals found his comments about Sarah Palin disgusting, as I'm sure many conservatives are embarrassed every time Ann Coulter opens her mouth. Liberals are not a homogenous group. I find many of Maher's stances on subjects odious, at best.

Yes. Definitely. Well maybe, kind of sorta. Perhaps not. No. Definitely not.

Wait what are we outraged about again?

Maher said that sex between a teacher and a 14 year old boy is OK & would be a positive experience for the 14 year old

I don't condone any of it & yes, Milo's statements were outrageous; but so were Maher's; yet, there was ZERO outrge over Maher...

My impression was that Maher was saying that many 14 year old teenage boys think about fucking hot teachers. To have that fantasy come true in his mind might be positive.

I'm not sure what Milo said but I doubt I'd find it too offensive.

Inconsistency is a fallacious argument.

it really isn't though

I will be brutally honest here, "selective outrage" is a phenomenon that is pervasive on BOTH sides, so yes, I acknowledge that conservatives are equally guilty (example, Trump's travel expenses & golfing vs Obama)

but is sure is fun to point out when the other side does it...

it really isn't though

I will be brutally honest here, "selective outrage" is a phenomenon that is pervasive on BOTH sides, so yes, I acknowledge that conservatives are equally guilty (example, Trump's travel expenses & golfing vs Obama)

but is sure is fun to point out when the other side does it...

As long as you understand that nothing you're offering is in any way a defense of Milo.

Actually from what you posted it would appear Maher referred to sex between a female teacher and a male student. Further it appears he specifically rejected the reverse.

I'm outraged that you left that out.

There ya go ---- outrage, mission accomplished. :thup:

Actually from what you posted it would appear Maher referred to sex between a female teacher and a male student. Further it appears he specifically rejected the reverse.

actually, I never specified gender, the quoted text does suggest that Maher thinks it's ok for a woman to have sex with an underage boy - so what are you trying to say?

Yes. Definitely. Well maybe, kind of sorta. Perhaps not. No. Definitely not.

Wait what are we outraged about again?

I for one am outraged about not being told what I'm outraged about.

I'm also fed up with being sick and tired of being fed up with being sick and tired of it. I'm certainly not, and I'm fed up with being sick and tired of being told that I am.

Or sump'm.

actually, I never specified gender, the quoted text does suggest that Maher thinks it's ok for a woman to have sex with an underage boy - so what are you trying to say?

Correct -- Maher, in your quote, specifically specified genders as OK one way, not OK the other way. And you paved over that distinction by removing it.

I'm outraged that you did that. Outraged I tell you.

My impression was that Maher was saying that many 14 year old teenage boys think about fucking hot teachers. To have that fantasy come true in his mind might be positive.

I'm not sure what Milo said but I doubt I'd find it too offensive.

"Only thirteen... and she knows how to nasty..."

Forum List

Back