• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
Will Officer Darren Wilson be Indicted? Place Your Bets Here

The Facts
9 of 12 jurors must consent for an indictment and the specific charges of the indictment.
The jury consists of 6 white men, three white women, two black women, and one black man.
No law requires the prosecutors to submit possible defenses to the grand jury, however, the prosecution has done so.
Though not required by law, all possible evidence is being presented and released to the grand jury.

The Standard for Probable Cause

"Probable cause is a relatively low evidentiary standard. In Wilson’s case, the probable cause determination should be simple: (1) there is a dead body; (2) that dead body was unarmed; (3) that dead, unarmed body was found at least 30 feet away from Wilson’s patrol vehicle; (4) there are at least four witnesses that say Wilson shot Brown after Brown surrendered; and (5) there is a coroner’s report corroborating the witnesses’ testimonies. That is what probable cause looks like." Is Darren Wilson receiving affirmative action

The Possible Charges

1) First Degree Murder: Jury must think there is enough evidence to prove premeditation.
2) Second Degree Murder: Jury must think that there is enough evidence to suggest that the officer knowingly engaged in deadly force with the intent of committing an unjustifiable homicide at the moment.
3) Voluntary Manslaughter: Jury must think that Wilson killed Brown while under the influence of a sudden passion.
4) Involuntary Manslaughter: Jury must think that Wilson accidently killed Brown or Wilson was incompetent.
5) No Charges: 9 of the 12 jurors couldn't agree to a specific charge based on the evidence presented.

Simple reading of the Missouri statutes show he did everything lawfully. Because everything proceeded from the initial stop for j-walking, everything that followed was legal. Including the use of lethal force, not for the j-walking, but because Mr. Brown assaulted a police officer. That's your ass in Missouri.

I voted involuntary manslaughter. I think that is a fair assessment. I think this Kid outweighed and intimidated the officer, and there was a struggle in the prowl car over the officers weapon after which the boy fled and was shot fleeing. Hands up or not, he was done. I think the cop just was on a adrenaline rush and shot the black boy after the fact. Not in self defense.

If he is then every police officer in the country should go on, strike. They want to show us Rage.. Let them SEE SOME back at them...Here is that "innocent" little boy.

I voted involuntary manslaughter. I think that is a fair assessment. I think this Kid outweighed and intimidated the officer, and there was a struggle in the prowl car over the officers weapon after which the boy fled and was shot fleeing. Hands up or not, he was done. I think the cop just was on a adrenaline rush and shot the black boy after the fact. Not in self defense.

You just described voluntary manslaughter. That aside the one thing that did not happen to Brown was that he was shot fleeing. He was either shot in an altercation with the officer, shot while simply facing the officer, or both. There were no wounds to the back.

Forum List

Back