Will Obama's poll bounce last?

i realize you're not very educated.

BWAHAHAHAHA

What a petulant little moron you are.

but you might want to look up the words you use. they apply to you, not me, little boy.

Yo, stupid fuck; what do you call merging corporate and governmental power structures?

You know, such as putting Kaiser and Blue Cross in positions where the government mandates the purchase of their product and the IRS acts as enforcers and bill collectors...

You fascists are a stupid lot - seriously.

Was the Bush Administration fascist for outsourcing war to Blackwater?

Yes really, as you know.

he wasn't even tried for those things. but you've convicted him of them?

You're lying, but then that's what fascists do.

11 charges were levied, including all I listed. The House convicted on four, two perjury, one suborning perjury and one obstruction of justice for destroying and hiding evidence.

The Senate heard three of these four.

he was found to have lied at his deposition in the paula jones case.

that is all.

You're a liar.

You hold party above ethics - not that you have any ethics.

see, here's the problem. perhaps you lack understanding of the process. it was up to the House to draft articles of impeachment. That does not mean he was convicted. It means he was CHARGED. You understand the difference, right?

It was up to the senate to determine whether he would be found guilty.

The Senate didn't find him guilty.

So really, stop allowing your partisan hackery to cause you to look like the fool you are.

Now, read with comprehension:

Floor proceedings of the U.S. Senate during the impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton in 1999, Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist presiding. House managers are seated beside the quarter-circular tables on the left and the president's personal counsel on the right.Bill Clinton, President of the United States, was impeached by the House of Representatives on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice on December 19, 1998, but acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999. Two other impeachment articles, a second perjury charge and a charge of abuse of power, failed in the House. The charges arose from the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the Paula Jones lawsuit. The trial proceedings were largely partisan, with only five Democratic Representatives voting to impeach and no Democratic Senators voting for conviction. With a two-thirds majority required for conviction, only 45 senators voted guilty on the perjury charge and 50 on the obstruction charge.[1] It was only the second impeachment of a President in American history.

Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THEREAFTER:

Contempt of court citationIn April 1999, about two months after being acquitted by the Senate, Clinton was cited by Federal District Judge Susan Webber Wright for civil contempt of court for his "willful failure" to obey her repeated orders to testify truthfully in the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit. For this citation, Clinton was assessed a $90,000 fine, and the matter was referred to the Arkansas Supreme Court to see if disciplinary action would be appropriate.[24]

Regarding Clinton's January 17, 1998, deposition where he was placed under oath, the judge wrote:

"Simply put, the president's deposition testimony regarding whether he had ever been alone with Ms. (Monica) Lewinsky was intentionally false, and his statements regarding whether he had ever engaged in sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky likewise were intentionally false...." [24]

In January 2001, on the day before leaving office, Clinton agreed to a five-year suspension of his Arkansas law license as part of an agreement with the independent counsel[clarification needed] to end the investigation. Based on this suspension, Clinton was automatically suspended from the United States Supreme Court bar, from which he then chose to resign.[25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton\

Now you know. So you can stop lying like the partisan hack YOU are. :thup:

RASMUSSEN: Still No Bounce for Obama...
Obama Approval Index: -13
Strongly Approve 24%
Strongly Disapprove 37%
Total Approval 48%

RPC Average up to 51.3% approval. about where his election numbers were.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

i guess facts still don't matter, huh, [r]evere? oops, i mean... lying sluk. :thup:

You know...in a way I have to laugh.

First of all...I am pleased about Bin Laden and I personally have no issue with how it was done...I dont need to see the photos and I respect the CiC's decision to rid of the body properly..

However...

I have to laugh at how the left is all hyped up that Obama's numbers have spiked on the heels of him approving a military action that included the entering a sovereign nation without permission and an action that took out the life of a woman who was not an intended target.

I mean...isnt that againt all that the left believes in?

Not only that, but OBL was found based in part on evidence obtained using waterboarding. Have you heard the outrage from the Left? It's deafening. :cool:

Probably not as long as some would like. The Economy is about to tank again. Gas & Food Prices are Skyrocketing. Most Americans are beginning to feel it.

I made this point twcie in the last 2.5 days, news orgs blow as polling mechanisms, follow gallup, ras, qunnipiac etc..

Today there were several drops of the 3-4 day polls these org.s do, all commenced AFTER the Bin Laden news was announced..............

so, who are the outliers?;)

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 5/2 - 5/4 -- 51.5 42.4 +9.1

Gallup 5/2 - 5/4 1500 A 52 40 +12

Rasmussen Reports 5/2 - 5/4 1500 LV 49 50 -1

Quinnipiac 5/2 - 5/3 834 RV 52 40 +12

Newsweek/Daily Beast 5/2 - 5/3 600 A 48 49 -1

CBS News/NY Times* 5/2 - 5/3 532 A 57 37 +20

CNN/Opinion Research 5/2 - 5/2 700 A 52 43 +9

SurveyUSA 5/2 - 5/2 1000 A 46 42 +4

Wash Post/Pew/SRBI 5/2 - 5/2 654 A 56 38

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html#polls

My advice for the future, one more time, do no follow news org. polls, none of them not wapo, abc fox, wsj, NY times......

Look at the Qunnipiac RV poll....I'd say due to the reg. voter sampling even at 832 participants, thats probably the one I'd bet the ranch on.

Last edited:
I've noticed that TM has not returned, nor has she addressed the fact that she is missinformed about the Entire government being run by Republicans on 9/11/01 despite the fact that multiple people have pointed out that the Democrats did indeed control the Senate at the time.

For once, I'd like to see her come back here and admit she is wrong about something.

Me either.

Of course Barry would get a bump.

Just wait till folks fill up their cars and head for the grocery store.

Every day Reality will be right back in a big way.

He deserves his bump. Getting Bin Laden is huge. I give him an A+++ for getting Bin Laden but a big F for his handling of everything else after. They shouldn't have disposed of his body so quickly. And they should have released some proof he was dead. So he has committed some major blunders since killing Bin Laden but he does deserve a bump in the Polls for getting him. All Americans owe him our praise and gratitude.

He deserves his bump. Getting Bin Laden is huge. I give him an A+++ for getting Bin Laden but a big F for his handling of everything else after. They shouldn't have disposed of his body so quickly. And they should have released some proof he was dead. So he has committed some major blunders since killing Bin Laden but he does deserve a bump in the Polls for getting him. All Americans owe him our praise and gratitude.

No doubt man, A+ Post.:clap2:

Excuse me.

I have to run out and fill my truck up.

I heard gas is going up another 12 cents tomorrow....

Isn't it amazing how well one's poll numbers go up after acting like a real President for an hour?

"The president who got bin Laden". It was a no-brainer for Obama to make that call. Granted he would have gotten the blame if the operation had screwed up so he deserves some credit for its success.
But, as stated, he had to jettison every principle he had enunciated prior to being president. And of course has screwed up everything since then, because he has basically really bad judgment.

In another month this will be history. It will be as significant as the BP oil spill. Less than a month if anotehr big story comes along.

Forum List

Back