Will Obama Declare Martial Law?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
So if the Congress and President cannot agree and we run out of debt raising authority, we will not be able to pay many bills.
Will Obama declare martial law or take extreme and unusual powers to enforce this?

yes he will and then he'll hand strangle every kitten in the world while taking candy from babies....like yourself

Yes he will. He will use his private army and put conservatives in those concentration camps/mosques he built all over America.

I remember back in 2000 the rabid right-wingers were saying Clinton was going to declare martial law in order to keep power.

In 2004 and 2008, I remember rabid lefties saying Bush was going to do the same.

Now in 2011 the rabid righties are at it again.

I won't hold my breath.

I never believed eiher Clinton or Bush were going to declare martial law. There was no reason to.
BUt here we have a genuine crisis that theoretically could cause chaos in the world financial markets and could be stopped by some presidential order or other.
Would he go to that option or not?

I never believed eiher Clinton or Bush were going to declare martial law. There was no reason to.
BUt here we have a genuine crisis that theoretically could cause chaos in the world financial markets and could be stopped by some presidential order or other.

Yes he will. He will use his private army and put conservatives in those concentration camps/mosques he built all over America.

i told you to stay away from the brown acid.

yes he will and then he'll hand strangle every kitten in the world while taking candy from babies....like yourself

Grandma Ragnar always said: "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer."

:lol:

So if the Congress and President cannot agree and we run out of debt raising authority, we will not be able to pay many bills.
Will Obama declare martial law or take extreme and unusual powers to enforce this?
Well let's take a look at what he's already done:
He's said he doesn't need Congressional approval for his war in Libya.
He oversees a Justice department that smuggled guns to Mexico so they could undermine the 2nd Amendment and did nothing about it.

So it appears that Obama would never go against the Congress or the American people.

The President has no power to raise revenue, no power to create legislative bills and no power to divert money from one source to another. He has no authority to declare martial law if the debt ceiling is not raised. Even if he DID it would not let him raise it or pay the debt. The Executive simply does not have that authority or power no matter what he does.

The ‘option’ isn’t available to him.

In Ex Parte Milligan (1866), the Court ruled that martial law could be declared only in the context of actual military war, where the courts are shut down and not available accordingly, and only in the place where actual military war was taking place.

Your question is therefore moot and exhibits your ignorance and partisan bias.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

The President has no power to raise revenue, no power to create legislative bills and no power to divert money from one source to another. He has no authority to declare martial law if the debt ceiling is not raised. Even if he DID it would not let him raise it or pay the debt. The Executive simply does not have that authority or power no matter what he does.
Where have you been? Congress was going to give Obama authority for Libya and he reused it, said he didn't need it.

This Congress is so scared of him that they would probably vote to GIVE HIM martial Law powers.

When Mexico collapses, watch how quickly he declares it under the guise of "controlling the border".

The ‘option’ isn’t available to him.

In Ex Parte Milligan (1866), the Court ruled that martial law could be declared only in the context of actual military war, where the courts are shut down and not available accordingly, and only in the place where actual military war was taking place.

Your question is therefore moot and exhibits your ignorance and partisan bias.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes
1866? Fuckin' 1866? :confused:
How about 2007?:
Bush Moves Toward Martial Law
Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder."
But see, you've never seen this on CNNMSNBCFox so it never really happened right?

Bush didnt have the authority to extend TARP funds to Chrysler and GM. In fact Congress voted not to do so. But he did it anyway under "Executive privilege."
Who's to say Obama will not invoke "executive privilege" this time to do something unwarranted?

And speaking of stupid answers.... Apparently, the reason Republicans won't do a deal is cuz Obama's black. Yes, that must be it!

Mrs Jackson Lee, a Texas representative, said: 'I am particularly sensitive to the fact that only this president - only this one, only this one - has received the kind of attacks and disagreement and inability to work, only this one.'
'Read between the lines. What is different about this president that should put him in a position that he should not receive the same kind of respectful treatment of when it is necessary to raise the debt limit in order to pay our bills?'
'Why is there such a devastating attitude from our friends on the other side of the aisle?'

Read more: Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee claims Congress are blocking Obama on debt because he is black | Mail Online

Who the fuck voted for that dumb bitch? :lol::lol::lol: OK. I know, it was Democrats but .... seriously.... who knew people were that stupid?

And speaking of stupid answers.... Apparently, the reason Republicans won't do a deal is cuz Obama's black. Yes, that must be it!

Mrs Jackson Lee, a Texas representative, said: 'I am particularly sensitive to the fact that only this president - only this one, only this one - has received the kind of attacks and disagreement and inability to work, only this one.'
'Read between the lines. What is different about this president that should put him in a position that he should not receive the same kind of respectful treatment of when it is necessary to raise the debt limit in order to pay our bills?'
'Why is there such a devastating attitude from our friends on the other side of the aisle?'

Read more: Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee claims Congress are blocking Obama on debt because he is black | Mail Online

Who the fuck voted for that dumb bitch? :lol::lol::lol: OK. I know, it was Democrats but .... seriously.... who knew people were that stupid?

Maybe she needs a trip to South Vietnam?

There is no crisis, only fear mongering from the left if the debt ceiling is not raised, we have more then enough money to pay off our debt interest, so it's no crisis. And for his sake, he better not.

Forum List

Back