Will Blagojevich Get Convicted?

Will Blagojevich Get Convicted?

• Total voters
  • Banned
That's just it, KissMy. Before the trail, I was expecting fireworks. The charges seem to run on the theory that Blagojevich tried to auction off Obama's vacated senate seat to Jesse Jackson Jr. for $400,000.

Then the trial started, and there was all this "I told this one who may have told that one" ad nauseum, leading (mebbe) to the white house. None of it hung together too well, had a thing to do with the original charges or seemed to suggest anything criminal had occured.

So far, what I have gleaned is that Mrs. Blagojevich has a potty mouth. It's been a big disappointment, as public corruption trials go.

The lawyers are now due to give their closings, and Blagojevich never did testify. What a snooze-fest, after all the build up.

That's just it, KissMy. Before the trail, I was expecting fireworks. The charges seem to run on the theory that Blagojevich tried to auction off Obama's vacated senate seat to Jesse Jackson Jr. for $400,000.

Then the trial started, and there was all this "I told this one who may have told that one" ad nauseum, leading (mebbe) to the white house. None of it hung together too well, had a thing to do with the original charges or seemed to suggest anything criminal had occured.

So far, what I have gleaned is that Mrs. Blagojevich has a potty mouth. It's been a big disappointment, as public corruption trials go.

The lawyers are now due to give their closings, and Blagojevich never did testify. What a snooze-fest, after all the build up.
That's the key. Blagojevich did not testify in his own defense. His attorneys know that that would open him up to cross interrogation and Blago would be toast.

He's going down. Jim Trafficant style.

• Banned
Isn't it odd that they charged Blagojevich as they did? There are laws against public corruption, bribery, etc. Why use the mail and wire fraud statutes?

I love the Chicago Tribune. They have terrific columnists.

Isn't it odd that they charged Blagojevich as they did? There are laws against public corruption, bribery, etc. Why use the mail and wire fraud statutes?

I'm guessing because the federal charges are both more enforcable, come with greater sentences and a federal jury not a state jury.

Blago is a victim of a GOP persecution plot. The man did nothing wrong. The Republicans will stop at nothing to discredit President Obama any which way they can and you morons cant see it happening becuase you too are blinded by the GOP hatred of a BLACK President.

Last edited:

I'm guessing because the federal charges are both more enforcable, come with greater sentences and a federal jury not a state jury.

There are federal statutes on public corruption, Nosmo King.

Anyone been following the trial? I wish it had been broadcast. Anyway, I don't have much of a feel for how the jury will go.

Any predictions?

Yes but not on all charges.

Some of the charges would put the administration in hot water and the DOJ won't allow those ones to go to trial :doubt:

Before the trial, both the prosecution and the defense (to different degrees) alleged that a full airing of the facts would embarrass many other pols, possibly even some federal ones.

Well, trial's over -- at least the fact airing part -- and I dunno, seems to me the only one embarrassed is Blagojevich, unless you count his wife.

What exactly do you think is being hidden from view and why?

Madeline,

Based on your last few comments I'd say you are suffering from a bad case of PMS. Take a few Midol before posting .

I hope his ass gets nailed to the wall for this. It is aggravating to see corrupt politicians walk for their crimes but it would not surprise me.

I got no idea if he will get convicted or not but I sure hope he does. I also hope that when he gets out of jail he writes a book and does another media tour. He's an entertaining interview.

I don't know.

Looks like he's targeted for political destruction.

He did the very worst thing any POL can do.

He got caught and then even worse, he admitted openly that corruption is standard operating procedure.

They're have to make an example of him.

For appearances sake.

Forum List

Back