Will 1 GOP candidate take a stand and say time to accept marriage equality and move on??

Time for them to decide which side of history they want to me on.

Watch old TV news footage of the Civil Rights movement and the pushback against integration. Watch the how the segregationists come off?

That's an erroneous comparison, as many blacks have pointed out. You are born black. You are not born gay. Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, nothing more.

And many conservatives, myself included, were willing to accept gay marriage or gay unions until they saw how liberals were starting to use gay marriage laws to attack religious freedom. You guys promised that "if you're not gay, gay marriage won't affect you." But we see that that is not true. We see gay rights nazis trying to get Christian vendors fined or jailed or bankrupted for declining to service gay weddings.

What? I thought you said "a majority now supports gay marriage". Seems like the GOP strategists have seen the magic "80%" poll numbers popping up everywhere at USMB. Maybe they like the odds of that horse winning the race?

Sure, a "majority" supports gay marriage. That's why you fought like wildcats with rabies to get your pocket-Justices to add a brand new class to the Constitution of "just some of their favorite deviant sex behaviors but not others".

This thing is going back before the Court. And this time it's going to be the 9th & 1st Amendments vs the newly created/added psuedo-class the Court just created out of thin air in its Ruling. For those that remember poli-sci in high school: the Congress is the only branch of government that can make substantive additions or subtractions to the Constitution.

Sil, the issue is not going back in front of the court. This issue is done.

four weeks, Republican candidates will be talking about other things.

That's an erroneous comparison, as many blacks have pointed out. You are born black. You are not born gay. Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, nothing more.

that would imply heterosexuality is also a "lifestyle choice", which begs the question, when did you decide to be straight?

And many conservatives, myself included, were willing to accept gay marriage or gay unions until they saw how liberals were starting to use gay marriage laws to attack religious freedom. You guys promised that "if you're not gay, gay marriage won't affect you." But we see that that is not true. We see gay rights nazis trying to get Christian vendors fined or jailed or bankrupted for declining to service gay weddings.

I'm sorry, when has anyone tried to "jail" a vendor?

Yes, you break the public accommodation laws, you will get fined, if your state covers sexual orientation under anti-discrimination laws. But that was the case BEFORE gay marriage was legalized. So the two are unrelated.

Will 1 GOP candidate take a stand and say time to accept marriage equality and move on??

:lmao:

What? I thought you said "a majority now supports gay marriage". Seems like the GOP strategists have seen the magic "80%" poll numbers popping up everywhere at USMB. Maybe they like the odds of that horse winning the race?

Sure, a "majority" supports gay marriage.
That's why you fought like wildcats with rabies to get your pocket-Justices to add a brand new class to the Constitution of "just some of their favorite deviant sex behaviors but not others".

This thing is going back before the Court. And this time it's going to be the 9th & 1st Amendments vs the newly created/added psuedo-class the Court just created out of thin air in its Ruling. For those that remember poli-sci in high school: the Congress is the only branch of government that can make substantive additions or subtractions to the Constitution.
No a majority does not think butt sex is normal nor do they support gay marriage. They just are acknowledging they have their rights and should go forward and not insist eveyone should agree with them.

Forum List

Back